Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Weight-watchers on-line anyone?

12 replies

Millie1 · 01/11/2006 21:26

Just wanting to know if it's worth doing on-line, will I get results, which diet plan is best etc etc. This is new to me ... weight has crept on over the last 12 months (about a stone but I don't need to lose the full stone, I think) and I really need to get some off. I've always been lucky in the past and never had to watch what I eat but ... 2 children, snacking, comfort food etc etc .

So, any advice for a novice please?

OP posts:
Millie1 · 01/11/2006 22:00

Uh-oh ... I've killed my own thread before it's even started!

Is anyone able to give me some advice/pointers? Pretty please!

OP posts:
crinklechunk · 02/11/2006 16:27

I do weight watchers online I signed up for 3 months and have lost 1 st 5lbs. Am just a couple of lbs above my target weight but have fallen off the waggon for a couple of weeks (well it has started getting colder thats my excuse!)
I did the No Count which gives you a list you can eat from. Anything not on the list has to come within a weekly limit of 21 points but you can earn more by excercising.
It worked really well for me as I piled my plate with veg and ate plenty of fruit between meals so I didn't really feel hungry. I also saved my points incase I went out for a meal or a drink so that I didn't have to feel deprived.

thinkingaboutit · 02/11/2006 17:15

Hello - I have been doing it for a week adn a half and lost 2lb in the first week. I think it was a bit of an advantage having done ww on my own before so i was already up on the whole points thing. I am going the other one to crinklechunk, the one where you count your points.

I think it is great - the tools are fab and there is so much advise. I get really excited tracking my points at the end of the day and banking what I have not used (going out tomorrow night so I have been saving lost for then). I have about 3/4 of a stone to lose and signed up for the three month version and am hoping not to need it after that, but have the healthy lifestyle instilled.

I would really recommend it

Dior · 02/11/2006 17:21

Message withdrawn

Millie1 · 02/11/2006 17:28

Thanks for the replies! Don't quite know how to work this ... I really want to access it both to get rid of a bit of weight but also to use it as a tool to really improve my diet BUT ... my weight is below the minimum joining weight for my height . So ... do I 'cheat' and reduce my height by a few inches so as I can qualify. Like I say, I don't have much to lose but my weight is increasing and I want to nip it in the bud. Words of wisdom - anyone? TIA

OP posts:
Dior · 02/11/2006 17:31

Message withdrawn

Millie1 · 02/11/2006 17:36

Dior ... thanks! My BMI is 20 (which I know is right on target) but here you go. 5'7" and 9st 3lb. BUT ... about 18 mths ago I was underweight at 8st 4. My normal weight is about 8 st 13 - 9 st. So in the last while I've gotten healthier and put on around a stone. A while back my gp told me that I ought to watch what I eat incase I put on too much weight. I don't want to diet in an unhealthy manner but I'd like to be able to use the points system to get myself to my ideal and stay healthy! Thanks!

OP posts:
Dior · 03/11/2006 09:40

Message withdrawn

Millie1 · 03/11/2006 22:08

Thanks Dior for the advice! Shall start to watch what I eat and try to gather the energy to do Davina's DVD which has been watched from a sitting position!! What's the WW DVD?

OP posts:
Dior · 04/11/2006 17:34

Message withdrawn

Millie1 · 05/11/2006 15:40

Thanks again Dior - shall have a look. Am really bad at 5 a day but have stepped up fruit intake of late. Am also doing my darndest to cut out cakes/biscuits and even had a skinny latte yesterday rather than a regular. I must put a post on the food board for some healthy and non-fattening lunch ideas - have to have my lunch at 11am whilst at work so obviously don't feel like a traditional lunch but a bagel and cup of coffee every day don't help!

OP posts:
Dior · 05/11/2006 17:54

Message withdrawn

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.