Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

no ones talking on misscarage chat

14 replies

mumtoall · 25/08/2006 19:10

I had a misscarage at 15 weeks and the baby would have been born in may. After it happened i went back to hospital a week later and spoke to their support nurse. it was ok but she let me speek and i was not sure what i was feeling or what i wanted to say. It was also held in a side room on the ward i was in when it happened.

i have put on quite a lot of weight since. people have even asked if i'm pregnant. i think its a comfort thing that if i'm big i still have a conection with baby, i'm desprate too loose weight. can't go to weight watchers or anything like tat as partner works shifs so have no-one to look after daughter.

looked in yellow page for councler and thay charge between £30-£50 per hour can't afford this so wanted to know if anyone knows what to do?
am i just looking for somethimg to blame for being fat?
im now a 16/18 and was a 14 befoe i got pregnant and had the misscarage

OP posts:
Flossam · 25/08/2006 19:16

Firstly if you feel you need counselling i WOULD Go and chat to drs and see if they can refer you. It might be a little bit of a wait but if you can't afford otherwise then may be an option.

I don't really have many pointers with the healthy eating as I fail spectacularly at every point! How about some kind of online support group? I think maybe WW do it online, I am sure. Worth a look. I think the best approach is everything in moderation, lots of fruit and veg and water. Can you do some kind of excercise with your DD - i don't know how old she is, but if in a buggy long walks in the park, if not games of catch in the park cycling etc. A way of spending time together and trying to get fit! If only I could be bothered to take my own advice!

i am sorry for your loss, and i do think that as you are depressed about what happened you are comfort eating as a way of dealing with it. Again seeing a counsellor might be a key in helping with this. Good luck.

WigWamBam · 25/08/2006 19:18

I posted this on your other thread, don't know if you saw it.

Your only alternative to paying through the nose for counselling is through the GP. If you don't have any faith that the GP will help, change your GP. Or as Mimi suggested you can contact Cruse Bereavement Care for support.

I think you need to forget about your weight for now, and concentrate on getting to the root of the problem - counselling can help, and it would be a shame to miss out on that simply because you don't get on with your GP.

WigWamBam · 25/08/2006 19:19

Cruse Bereavement Care

mumtoall · 25/08/2006 19:22

thanks think i need to brave the GP.

OP posts:
mumtoall · 25/08/2006 19:22

thanks think i need to brave the GP.

OP posts:
Pinkchampagne · 25/08/2006 19:27

Like others have said, you can get free counselling through the NHS. I have had NHS counselling. You can have up to 12 sessions at a time if you do it this way, & if you feel like you need some more a little later, you can go back to your GP & be put back on the waiting list.
Go & have a word with your gp.

mumtoall · 25/08/2006 19:29

that sounds like it would be a good idea will phone on monday thanks. did you need more that the 12 sessions

OP posts:
Pinkchampagne · 25/08/2006 19:49

You have 6 sessions to start with & they then ask you if you want to finish at that point or go on & have another 6. I felt I needed more sessions after the first 6, so went on & had the full 12 sessions.
I felt a lot stronger in myself after my 12 sessions, & was coping a lot better.
Two years later I went back to see my counsellor for different reasons, & I have only just finished my sessions. She really helped me a great deal.

mumtoall · 25/08/2006 19:51

Thanks that sound good will ring on Mondy and speek to doctor and hope to get some sessions soon. did you go to a hospital for the sessions

OP posts:
Pinkchampagne · 25/08/2006 19:52

My sessions were held in the doctors surgery.

mumtoall · 25/08/2006 19:53

Thanks

OP posts:
Pinkchampagne · 25/08/2006 19:54

Good luck.

mumtoall · 25/08/2006 19:57

thanks again

OP posts:
mumtoall · 29/08/2006 09:59

booked a appointment for next week on thursday. thanksto all

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.