My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Can anyone recommend a good detox or something to kick-start a bit of weightloss when I stop breastfeeding?

19 replies

franch · 19/08/2006 19:05

Been either b/f or pregnant for nearly 3 years solid so am looking forward to getting my body back, in all senses of the phrase (altho I know it'll never be the same again).

The only caveat is that it can't be something that leaves you knackered, as I still have a 2.5yo and 1yo to look after!

Need to lose half a stone or so.

OP posts:
Beetroot · 19/08/2006 19:06

queenof detox ehre. Go for carol vordeman or jane shrivner.

BUT if you want to loose wieght go to WWW!!!!

franch · 19/08/2006 19:12

Will I be OK energy-wise on those beetroot?

OP posts:
Beetroot · 19/08/2006 19:14

oh def. you may have a dop of a couple of days first but then you will be fantastic

quokka · 19/08/2006 19:21

I lost loads of weight after bf ds2 just by cutting my portions down. Your body doesn't need as many calories as it did while bf so it makes sense and its easy.

franch · 19/08/2006 19:23

So if you HAD to choose ....... vorderman or shrivner? What's the difference? And how much weight will I lose?

OP posts:
franch · 19/08/2006 19:24

Could try that quokka but ..... I don't really 'get' moderation .....

OP posts:
quokka · 19/08/2006 19:27

Well it took me a 1yr to loose weight after ds1 and it has taken me 6months with ds2 and its eaier than faffing about with diets and gyms! Good luck with it

franch · 19/08/2006 19:55

More questions beety: there are quite a few scrivner books, which do you recommend?

Also: is this a practical idea at all, with a toddler + baby? I don't get much time to cook, and have to prepare meals for them + DH as well - if I'm expected to prepare loads of time-consuming separate meals for myself, I won't manage it.

Sorry about all the questions but you did crown yourself detox queen

OP posts:
liquidclocks · 19/08/2006 20:26

franch, friend's just done the GL diet and she's got ME - said actually helped withthe energy levels and she dropped 1 1/2 stone in 7/8 months. When I give birth in 6 weeks I plan to have 6 weeks indulgence of brie/pate combos then spend £38 on a body contour wrap and go on the GL. If you can get a head start then why not

franch · 19/08/2006 21:39

Thanks liquid - I actually did the GI diet (and was on the GI thread here) while b/f - it's true about the energy levels. Fell off the wagon and put a few pounds back on - am now struggling to go back on it in the last few weeks of b/f (DD2 is nearly 1 and I plan to phase b/f out then) and will try to keep it up long term, but could do with something a bit more dramatic just to give things a bit of a jump-start once I'm free to do so.

I do wonder though ... the GI/GL thing is undoubtedly healthy .... Is there that much difference between detoxing and crash dieting?

OP posts:
liquidclocks · 19/08/2006 23:18

I reckon the contour wrap will be be much nicer and less effort than detox! Looking forward to my pearl barley, yum yum!

franch · 20/08/2006 09:10

Hmm, interesting LC ... tell me about the contour wrap then ... how much does it cost and how much is it supposed to take off? (And how?!)

Suspect a tummy tuck may be more what I need ...

OP posts:
CarolinaMoon · 20/08/2006 09:43

I found a lost a few pounds just by stopping bfing - was partly retained water I think as I weed gallons for the next couple of days .

liquidclocks · 20/08/2006 09:45

Morning! My local place does the contour wraps for £38 but I suppose it would depend where you go - also I live in the north sothings tend to be cheaper all round. From what they tell me it encourges your body to get rid of toxins and water, firms up your skin, guaranteed inch loss (due to skin firming I shold think not fat loss) and also it's supposed to be quite relaxing. I'm going to use my session to leave DH at home with the 2 boys for the first time and he'l just have to cope! They also said you get the best effect from 3 treatments a week apart but I don't think I'll be doing that as I want some money for the christmas sales! (though DH has offered to pay for and extra one... think he's trying to say something?)

franch · 20/08/2006 10:16

Thanks LC ..... that's definitely going on my Xmas list .... already asked for a Rigby & Peller voucher for my birthday, to see if they can do something with my poor boobs!

OP posts:
ntsmum · 20/08/2006 10:58

My dh sent me to Rigby & Peller after I stopped bfeeding. I went in a 36A & came out a 32C!!

liquidclocks · 20/08/2006 13:56

I obviously need to google this rigby & peller! off to do it now...

liquidclocks · 20/08/2006 13:58

oooh- scrummy lingerie! There are very few things that make me wish I lived closer to london but oh to have a half decent underwear shop up here...

sarahsbump · 22/08/2006 17:17

It depends on how drastic you want to be but the cambridge diet is really good for kick starts-its meal replacement shakes,soups and bars.
I did it before I got pregnant and lost 31/2 stone in just under 3 months,the first week can be tough but after that you feel great
You can only get the diet through a counsellor to find one go to the website www.cambridge-diet.com and there is a support forum www.cambridgedieters.co.uk which is great for support and advice

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.