My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Virtual Gastric Band Hypnosis - Anyone heard of it?

7 replies

chicaguapa · 13/01/2011 18:17

There's a deal on groupon today - £49 instead of £300. I'm a bit sceptical, losing weight isn't easy. But I'm wondering whether it's worth a try at £49? Has anyone tried it?

OP posts:
SnailWhaleTail · 13/01/2011 18:24

Mother of a friend had it done with great results but I don't know any details. I work in an op theatre where we fit them and I'm not sure I'd fancy a real surgical one.

I had the hypnobirthing course and it was brill so IMO there is a place for hypnotherapy.

Worth a punt at £49 I'd say.

Pumpster · 13/01/2011 18:29

I have a voucher for this, also bought on groupon. Think I ought to not be bfing when I do it so waiting until March to do it, wish I could do it now!

chicaguapa · 13/01/2011 18:33

DH is very Hmm. I've tried Paul McKenna but always felt I needed him to actually hypnotise me. I fancy giving it a go. I wonder if it includes all the sessions you need, or if you end up having to pay full price for some extra ones? Where is your voucher for Pumpster?

OP posts:
benbon · 13/01/2011 18:49

what town is that in?

chicaguapa · 13/01/2011 19:01

Portsmouth. The link is here (Not sure if that's affliated to my account - just copied and pasted from the address bar.)

OP posts:
benbon · 13/01/2011 19:04

im in brighton umming and arring weather i should book it too...

chicaguapa · 13/01/2011 20:12

I've googled it and it does look like it works. Like Snail says, it's probably worth a punt at £49. I'm just sceptical that that's all it's going to cost. I wish I could phone them and speak to them about it.

Their website says Ultimate Weight Loss featuring Gastric band Hypnosis £590 but the Groupon ad says it's £300.

Website says: we will then work together to effectively address these areas, this is done in session 1. In Session 2 we then look to prepare you for session 3 which is your Virtual Gastric Band Procedure!

Ad says: Discover its effects with two sessions at Nulife Hypnotherapy and discover how hypnotherapy can help you fulfil your weight loss targets for £49 instead of £300.

I think it's just going to cover two sessions when you are told all about how great it is and then you have to pay £290 for the third.

What do you think?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.