My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

Weight Watchers No Count--Like Slimming World?

10 replies

Arabica · 21/09/2005 12:46

Anyone tried both? Can't stand local SW consultant but need a group for support and allergic to calorie/point counting, so thought I might give WW a go.

OP posts:
Arabica · 21/09/2005 18:00

anyone?

OP posts:
gigglinggoblin · 21/09/2005 18:03

if you know sw well, you could see if your doctor knows of any support groups in your area. we have one that doesnt focus on any particular diet but is more about healthy eating. and the best part is its free!

Tabs · 21/09/2005 18:49

Haven't tried the ww one, but believe that they introduced it to try and copy SW, so yes, they will be similar, though no doubt not identical.

Is there not more than 1 consultant locally - most areas tend to have at least 2 or 3?

Arabica · 21/09/2005 18:49

That's a good idea. But I like the idea of being part of a regular group that's also part of a wider community with website resources etc.

OP posts:
Arabica · 21/09/2005 21:01

tabs, frustratingly, there aren't any alternative local meetings I can get to at the moment.

OP posts:
charliegreensmum · 22/09/2005 08:47

They are quite similar, but where as SW is split into greens/reds for carbs/proteins on ww no count there is just a list of healthy free foods - it is quite extensive and covers most of the green/red free foods you can have on slimming world. The rules are that you have three meals a day from the list of healthy foods, in between meals you can snack on veg, fruit and ww fruities (low cal sweets) but that when you have meals you must stop eating when you are satisfied. Lots of members at my ww group have struggled with knowing when they are satisfied, keep eating and then don't lose as much weight as they expect, so you do have to be self disciplined.

That said I've lost 10 1/2 pounds in three weeks at WW and I am liking the new switch programme, having done points in the past. It's nice to have the flexibility to switch between the programs, particularly if your weight stalls or you get bored.

HTH

CGMum

charliegreensmum · 22/09/2005 08:48

Forgot to say that you also have an allowance of 21 points per week to spend on treats in addition to all the healthy food.

CGMum

Arabica · 22/09/2005 09:46

Sounds goodif you can follow the 'satsfied' rule. I might give it a try thoughas the weekly weigh-ins are what really keeps me on track. Do they tell you how much weight loss to aim for (as opposed to letting you choose your own target, which SW do)

OP posts:
Arabica · 22/09/2005 09:46

Congratulations on your weight loss BTW!

OP posts:
Dior · 23/09/2005 20:37

Message withdrawn

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.