Please
or
to access all these features

Join the chat on our Weight Loss forum.

Weight loss chat

I so want to do this but I keep failing

4 replies

Feelingsensitive · 28/07/2010 20:16

I am desperate to lose 2 stone. I am sick of being overweight, wearing clothes because they cover the fat rather than how nice they are, sick of avoiding swimming with my DCs and all of the other reasons we hate being fat. I am following WW. Every week I say to myself "this is it". First 2 days go great, followed by 3 days of just losing the plot and eating everything and then 2 more days of a half hearted attempt at restraint. How do I motivate myself out if this? I have got to the point that I just don't think it will work even though thats clearly a load of bo**ks as its me thats making it not work. Help! Its a shtough I am sabotaging myself. I want this and I have a way of doing it so why don't I just bloody do it. Any words of wisdom would be gratefully received.

OP posts:
treacletart · 28/07/2010 20:54

Hey Feeling Sensitive, I have 2 words for you ... Food Focus!

It's the business and so far has helped me sensibly and relatively painlessly lose a stone since mid May. It really encourages a big picture view and to recalibrate your habits for a long term change.

check out this thread

good luck!

Feelingsensitive · 28/07/2010 21:31

Thank you. I am about to register.

OP posts:
Naetha · 29/07/2010 08:48

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but your desire to lose weight, needs to be greater than your desire to eat. Until this happens, you're going to really struggle to lose weight.

Once you start breaking the cycle and actually start losing significant amounts of weight, then it's a positive feedback loop and you're encouraged to lose more weight.

Also, if you're having these kind of issues on WW, then it's probably not for you. Once you come off WW, it sounds like all the weight will go back on. You need to re-assess the way you look at food in general, and chance your relationship with food into a healthy, sustainable one.

Feelingsensitive · 29/07/2010 19:45

Thanks. Yes I think you are right. I have given food focus a go today and that all seems to be making alot more sense to me. Totally agree with your point about my desire to eat vs desire to be slim. I havent been slim since a child so I suppose I struggle to work out what it is I want if I havent had it (as an adult). Must say I really like FF so I hope that does it for me.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.