Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Weaning

How much food 8 mth - snacks?

3 replies

ChampagneLassie · 22/11/2022 05:25

My LO still BF what feels like loads and so wondering if I should feed her more and best time to do it and snacks? I just read they should be on 750-900 calories a day, 1/2 from food and I don't think we're giving her anything like that much. She seems to like a wide variety of food, basically everything I've given her just doesn't eat in big quantities at any one sitting. Breakfast 7-830am typically 2-4 tbsps of porridge, lunch around 1130am maybe 2 tbsps protein and small amount carbs, dinner 5pm shes just started finishing her main 4 tbsps of main so I gave her a desert of yougart with fruit and rice cakes. Should I try feeding her mid afternoon too? I wondered about snacks like biscuits and oat bars but they all say 12+ although I can't see why. I will try to make little muffins just challenging finding time.

OP posts:
Please
or

bigfamilygrowingupfast · 22/11/2022 05:43

Food before one is just for fun!
My daughter was never super interested in food (also a big breastfeeder 🤣) so would just have a nibble of whatever we were having.
I haven't ever seen that babies that young should be getting half their calories from food - I've always read and been told that until 1, babies should get the majority of their nutrition and calories etc from milk. That sounds like a good amount of food to me for an 8 MO and if she was hungry she'd eat!

Please
or

BernadetteAndHoward · 22/11/2022 05:53

I would say she doesn’t need snacks just yet. My daughter is 14 months and has only just started to need them. To me it sounds like good portions of food as every baby is entirely different. Portions might increase once they start walking too.

Please
or

Mummy2C · 22/11/2022 06:42

Advice is snacks after 1.

Please
or