Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Weaning

Does this sound ok?

4 replies

bottomsup33 · 10/11/2022 10:18

Struggling with weaning with my nearly 7 month old dd. She has CMPA so we are going dairy free for now. She's also been a bit unwell lately with tummy issues and diarrhoea so I've been on and off with the weaning and she hasn't really had a great deal.

At the moment I am offering very simple, individual items and we aren't in much of a routine with it. I tend to offer sticks of things such as banana or carrot, toast fingers with dairy free spread and maybe a rusk (things she can pick up basically) over purées and she is having a good nibble and exploring the textures. But not a lot seems to be actually going in. Certainly not enough to consider dropping a bottle.

It just doesn't feel like she's having a lot of food and by this stage my other dc were on at least one full meal a day and had dropped a bottle. Because of her allergy I find myself being very cautious and the tummy bug has also made me nervous not to overload her. She does seem to have recovered from that now.

Does anyone have any other tips? Thank you.

OP posts:
Please
or

bottomsup33 · 10/11/2022 10:57

Bump

OP posts:
Please
or

bloodywhitecat · 10/11/2022 11:00

That sounds absolutely fine, she's had a rough start to weaning but she will get there.

Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 10/11/2022 16:13

I think with the allergies she's more likely to be cautious about food.

I think you're doing fine and don't worry about dropping a bottle yet.

Could you try making her some porridge fingers with a safe milk for her? Spaghetti Bol is usually DF as well of you want to try her with that?

Please
or

bottomsup33 · 10/11/2022 17:58

I've been really cautious about introducing one food at a time in case she has a reaction so it's literally been a stick of carrot for a few days then a bit of porridge for the next few days and so on. It doesn't really lend itself well to intricate weaning recipes 🙈 but I think I'm going to have to branch out a bit soon if she's going to get any sort of idea about what real food is like.

OP posts:
Please
or