Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Weaning

15 month old fussy lunch

18 replies

Bx96 · 06/11/2022 12:17

my daughter has completely gone off bread and refuses to eat toast or sandwiches, I’ve tried different topping even toasted sandwiches and she will eat everything else but leave this.

todays lunch for example- jam sandwich, cucumber, banana and a oat bar.. she ate everything but the bread. The jam she scraped off with her fingers :(

she’s such a good eater but I’m running out of ideas for lunches, apparently she eats it at nursery?

I'm just stuck, can anyone help?

OP posts:
Please
or

BonesOfWhatYouBelieve · 06/11/2022 12:33

Wraps? Rolls?

Something different like an omelette?

Please
or

Bernadinetta · 06/11/2022 12:41

Crackers? With some cubes of cheese and rolled up slices of ham.

Please
or

Bernadinetta · 06/11/2022 12:42

Cold pasta

Please
or

Asher33 · 06/11/2022 12:42

Pitta or naan bread?

Please
or

NuffSaidSam · 06/11/2022 12:44

Just don't give her bread? It's quite easy to leave out. You could try breadsticks or crackers. Pasta. Eggs. Cheese. Ham. Chicken. Fruit. Veg. Yoghurt. Leftovers from dinner. Falafel. Rice.

Please
or

Keepitrealnomists · 06/11/2022 12:46

Just don't give her bread, there are so many other options.

Please
or

Bx96 · 06/11/2022 14:55

I suppose I just think of lunch as your traditional sandwich? will try some crackers next time as she doesn’t touch wraps or rolls either :(
Thank you!

OP posts:
Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 07/11/2022 08:33

At that age DD loved some bits of whatever we had in. I'd get some low salt breadsticks that she can try and just put bits of whatever else you have in, halved cherry tomatoes, grated cheese, sliced cucumber etc.

If you can't get hold of baby breadsticks do a round of bread and butter and cube it or offer some pasta instead.

Do you think that she'd enjoy trying an omelette as well?

Please
or

tunthebloodyalarmoff · 07/11/2022 08:36

Bread isn't that good for you anyway. Why are you worried ?

Please
or

TheTeenageYears · 07/11/2022 08:41

Breadsticks, crackers, rice cakes, crumpets, pita bread, wraps, plain pasta are all things you could try but I would hold the jam.

Please
or

Bx96 · 07/11/2022 11:38

PritiPatelsMaker · 07/11/2022 08:33

At that age DD loved some bits of whatever we had in. I'd get some low salt breadsticks that she can try and just put bits of whatever else you have in, halved cherry tomatoes, grated cheese, sliced cucumber etc.

If you can't get hold of baby breadsticks do a round of bread and butter and cube it or offer some pasta instead.

Do you think that she'd enjoy trying an omelette as well?

Thank you! I will try bread sticks too. She loves sausage rolls and cocktails sausages- can’t get enough but they are not the healthiest and I feel bad giving them for lunch just because she eats it?

she had scrambled egg for lunch yesterday and loved it so I might try an omelette- I have never made one before so will have to get a recipe!

OP posts:
Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 07/11/2022 12:57

Try this omelette recipe. It's easy to follow and pretty adaptable Wink

Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 07/11/2022 13:03

Forgot to add that cocktail sausages, like all sausages are a choking risk. You probably realised but just in case anyone reading this didn't, sausage isn't suitable under 1 just because of the salt content and after one should be cut lengthways.

Another suggestion for her lunch could be baby breadsticks or Scottish Oatcakes with hummus and some raw veg like pepper and cucumber sticks.

Please
or

Bx96 · 07/11/2022 16:01

PritiPatelsMaker · 07/11/2022 13:03

Forgot to add that cocktail sausages, like all sausages are a choking risk. You probably realised but just in case anyone reading this didn't, sausage isn't suitable under 1 just because of the salt content and after one should be cut lengthways.

Another suggestion for her lunch could be baby breadsticks or Scottish Oatcakes with hummus and some raw veg like pepper and cucumber sticks.

Agree! I always cut lengthways :)
oatcakes? Haven’t heard of those before will have a look on next shop, thank you for your suggestions and recipe for omelette

OP posts:
Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 07/11/2022 16:42

Would a little jacket potato work as well? You can make them in the slow cooker if you don't want to put the oven on.

There are lots of fillings you could try Wink

Please
or

Bx96 · 07/11/2022 20:09

PritiPatelsMaker · 07/11/2022 16:42

Would a little jacket potato work as well? You can make them in the slow cooker if you don't want to put the oven on.

There are lots of fillings you could try Wink

Oh Yes I could do she loves anything potato! 😀

OP posts:
Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 07/11/2022 20:15

Oh Yes I could do she loves anything potato!

Ah something she does like!

So how about potato cakes? You can pop them in the toaster and serve with egg or beans?

Or you could cook and freeze some jacket potatoes so you've always got a quick ish lunch in.

Does she like Sweet Potato too? How about trying this curry and freezing it in portions for her.

Would she like potato and leek soup as well?

Please
or

Perfect28 · 07/11/2022 20:16

Can't you just serve anything? Does it need be 'traditional' lunch? She's bored.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?