Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Weaning

Leek and brocoli puree?

8 replies

Mrs22 · 30/10/2022 09:12

Hi ds has been having purees for a couple of weeks now he loves having dinner with dh and me. I'm doing a mixture of puree and blw. I've got brocoli and leeks in fridge as am making stew. Just wondered if I can cook and blend It together to make a puree for ds. He can't have the stew as I put a normal stock cube in and only thought after. Any other puree ideas are welcome so far we've done carrot and sweet potato, avocado, banana, strawberry, tomato x

OP posts:
Please
or

Medoca · 30/10/2022 09:13

You can purée anything! Also, I wouldn’t worry too much over the stock cube, they eat so little of it, the salt is negligible.

Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 30/10/2022 12:36

Sounds lovely, you could add in some cheese or give him a little grated cheese as a finger food on the side. Leeks and cheese always seem to go well together Halloween Wink

Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 30/10/2022 18:29

What did you decide in the end @Mrs22?

Please
or

Mrs22 · 30/10/2022 18:43

He had the Leek and brocoli puree with some mash potatoes ate most of it bless him (and wore quite a bit as well) . Leeks didn't puree very well but he still ate them. I might try him with cheese in 2 weeks time. I'm giving him egg tomorrow so gonna give it a week to make sure he doesn't have any reaction to it 😊 x

OP posts:
Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 30/10/2022 18:47

Do you have a family history of allergies then? Only asking as that's the advice given to families with multiple allergies. Everyone else should give allergens from 6 months and often Halloween Wink

Please
or

Mrs22 · 30/10/2022 19:11

@PritiPatelsMaker i didn't know that, I thought you had to introduce possible allergens separately. Tbh only advice I've got about weaning is from Google and mumsnet posts. X

OP posts:
Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 30/10/2022 19:18

No, there's really no need to give allergens one at a time unless advised to do so by a HCP. As long as you observe the foods to avoid you really can give anything, eggs, dairy, fish & soy are all fine Halloween Wink

Please
or

PritiPatelsMaker · 30/10/2022 19:19

Oh and there are some great suggests for first foods in this guide from the Caroline Walker Trust.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?