Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Lego board games - which are good, which not?

clumsymum · 27/11/2009 11:55

As DS is a lego fanatic, I thought one of his pressies could be a game this year.

I know they have several, and from the descriptions, I fancy either Race 3000 or Creationary (which is the most expensive, of course).

But do any of you have experience of these?

I like games which are fairly quick to play, and of course, keep the interest. DS is 10, and bright. He loves Cluedo, Monopoly (altho we have never played to the end, he gets bored after 1 and a half hours or so), will play scrabble (tho tends to stick to 3 or 4 letter words).

I remember buying Race the Stig 3 years ago, and heartily wish I hadn't. DS loves it but DH and I end up gnawing off our legs in boredom playing it with him (DS is an only child).

OP's posts:
Please
or

haggisaggis · 27/11/2009 12:02

I like the look of Creationary too - but haven't bought it yet. To be honest, I don't see the point of the rest as they all look a bit like basic board games just built from lego.

Please
or

clumsymum · 27/11/2009 17:03

Has no one bought any yet then?

OP's posts:
Please
or

MilaMae · 28/11/2009 21:57

We have Robochamp and Magikus for our 6 year old twins. Both good,quite easy to play. Lots of crucial small bits you WILL need to keep an eye on though as without them the games won't really work.

Please
or

LauraIngallsWilder · 28/11/2009 22:03

at the cost of creationary!
Surely it cant be THAT good

I didnt know there was a thing as a lego board game
We are collecting 'classic' board games atm
Have you got Cranium - that looks good, one of the best of the newer games

Please
or

clumsymum · 29/11/2009 20:24

I am considering Cranium, but thought DS would appreciate the Lego connection of the Lego games

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.