Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Any ideas to turn outdoor playhouse into something DD plays in (pretend cafe?)?

Flowerspowers · 18/09/2014 21:32

We have a wooden playhouse in the garden that my DD rarely plays with. However at the playground she will regularly uses the space under equipment to pretend she is working in a cafe. (Role play wise she also likes to pretend she's a parent taking children to school etc.).

I've done some searching around and looked online but can't see what I can do/ get to make the playhouse in the garden more appealing along the lines of making it look life a cafe.

If you've got any ideas you don't mind sharing please let me know.

From a particularly uncreative parent!

OP's posts:
Please
or

thatsn0tmyname · 18/09/2014 21:35

We have a playhouse too and the children love it. It has an ikea kitchen in and an upstairs with ladder. I've also made curtains and put plastic chairs in. Maybe you could put in shutters that open in the window plus a windowsill that could double as a shop counter. Shelves for plastic food and pots and pans (see ikea again) could make it homely.

Please
or

Gaige · 18/09/2014 21:36

Paint it. Make a sign for it ie "DD's cafe" Put a toy cooker/kitchen in it with play food. Maybe a little table and chairs outside. Help her make a menu for her cafe. Hope some of these ideas help Smile

Please
or

NormHonal · 18/09/2014 21:39

Agree, stick a toy kitchen/cooker in it. We found a Little Tikes plastic one on eBay for a tenner, and our DCs and visiting children all like to play with it.

We also have some little chairs and a small table, and DD in particular likes to sit her teddies in the chairs and have a tea party with the "food" she has cooked.

Please
or

Flowerspowers · 18/09/2014 21:56

These ideas are great, thank you.

OP's posts:
Please
or

cheapandcheerful · 13/10/2014 21:46

Could you make it into a potting shed/mud kitchen?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.