Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Advice on baby walkers/bouncers

stillwaters11 · 13/11/2013 12:44

I have a very wriggly 5 month old who would love bouncing around in a jumperoo or walker, I'm sure. So we thought we'd get him one for Xmas. And then we saw the weight limit on everything is 11-12kg - as he's a big baby (currently over 9.5kg and in 9-12 month clothing) he really wouldn't get any use out of it if those limits are true.

Can anyone tell me of a good robust jumperoo/walker that would suit him, or let me know if you've had experience of these and found your child has safely carried on using them over those suggested weight limits. Thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ThisIsMeNow · 13/11/2013 13:24

I wouldn't risk it as he'd be over the limit in a couple of months. Could you get him a walker he could push about and play with? There's ones like the vtech walkers which have a removable front so they can play with that on the floor and walk with the frame later on? Or a wooden walker with blocks in the tray so he can reach them now?

Please
or

stillwaters11 · 13/11/2013 21:15

He just loves being up on his feet and digging them in, so we thought something that supported him and let him do that would be great (for our arms too!). But, like you, am thinking it may not be a go-er...

OP's posts:
Please
or

ThisIsMeNow · 14/11/2013 07:50

There's some thought that they're not good for their hip joints so I'd have a google and see what you think. Before you know it he'll be off and into everything anyway so enjoy it while you can have a cup of tea and he's still where you left him! WinkGrin

Please
or

fairyquitecontrary · 20/11/2013 15:58

They are ok but used for very short times. They are not very good for babies hips.We have a friend whose child was walking and dragging her foot behind her because of spending too much time in a walker/bouncer. The posture that the baby has to adopt to use them is not so natural

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.