Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Baby toy recommendations please!

Cydonia · 31/07/2012 19:26

DS is 10 weeks old and starting to become more awake and alert during the day. Sometimes I think he gets a bit bored so I think now is the time to get him some more toys. He already has - bouncy chair with toys attached, jungle gym playmat (2nd hand so not everything works/is present!), play arch thing and a few hand held activity toys/teddies with crinkly ears etc. He likes batting at things with his hands but isn't showing a lot of interest in the rattly toys or teddies yet.
Would anything else be beneficial at this stage? Is there anything you've bought that was particularly good? I've seen jumperoos and baby nest things that turn into sitting up supports, are these any good? Space is a little bit limited so don't want to end up with a load of stuff I hardly use, not to mention the expense!
Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Cydonia · 03/08/2012 17:56

Anyone?!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Magneto · 03/08/2012 17:57

What he has sounds like enough to me. A jumperoo won't be used until he is 6 months plus at the very least.

Please
or

IfElephantsWoreTrousers · 03/08/2012 18:08

At 10 weeks they are still mainly looking and don't want to interact with toys yet. Draw simple stylised pictures in thick black felt tip on white paper. Place them just out of his reach where he can see them, he will be very interested in them - looking and learning about shapes may sound boring to you but it's the right kind of stimulation for a 10 week old - too much rattly-bounciness is not going to make him happy. - shapes you could draw -tree, duck, house, smiley face, train, rocket, teddy, plus abstract shapes, triangle, rectagles, zigzags in different directions.

Please
or

Cydonia · 03/08/2012 20:01

Excellent, thanks! No need to spend any more money yet then :) I thought he was a bit young for 'proper' toys but didn't want to miss out on stimulating him.

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheScottishPlayer · 03/08/2012 21:48

Agree generally on no real need for toys yet, but will say that DS was fascinated by his rainmaker toy at about 3 months.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.