Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Insurance

dazzlingdeborahrose · 15/05/2019 07:43

I'm in the process of buying a horse for my 14 year old daughter. I'm looking into insurance and can't decide what to do. We'll have gold BHS so rider insurances will be covered.
Trying to decide whether to full insured for vets bills etc or whether to just cover for theft/straying/death and either put money away or start an ISA or some other savings plan to cover vet costs
I'd appreciate any thoughts or advice or insurance company recommendations.
Thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

DraughtyWindow · 15/05/2019 11:19

Can’t go wrong with NFU Mutual. Best cover on the market for sure. Vets like them. They pay out too. Keep your liability with the BHS as it’s cheaper.
Vets bills can be horrific and I wouldn’t be without insurance. You never know what will happen.

Please
or

dazzlingdeborahrose · 15/05/2019 11:35

Thanks draughtywidow. I will get a quote from them. It's hard to know who are good and who aren't.
Thanks again

OP's posts:
Please
or

britnay · 15/05/2019 14:50

NFU and KBIS are good. Avoid E&L.

Please
or

dazzlingdeborahrose · 16/05/2019 21:53

Thank you.

OP's posts:
Please
or

countrygirl99 · 17/05/2019 21:23

I had £13.5k of claims in 13 months with NFU for 2 horses, including one for £4.5k where my horse fell I'll and had to be PTS over night where I couldn't speak to them in advance. They were very sympathetic and paid within 48 hours of receiving the vet report. They even reminded me I could claim towards disposal which I wouldn't have thought about.

Please
or

dazzlingdeborahrose · 18/05/2019 09:48

NFU seems to have a good rep. Everyone recommends them. I rang them for a quote and they were very helpful. Premium was decent too. So will probably go with them.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Friedeggsandcustard · 18/05/2019 10:59

avoid E&L like the plague. arseholes!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.