Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Sorry, I know nothing about horses. But, I just loved riding, feediafter ng and looking them.

ModreB · 04/06/2018 20:05

OK. When I was in Australia, I was about 14 stone, and managed to ride an ex race horse with no issues. It was the first time I rode, loved it. I came back to the UK and was told unless I could get below 13 stone, it would not be possible.

So, I've tried looking after them, mucking out, grooming, (including being Bitten)

I am now just under 13 stone, but, could I ride now?

OP's posts:
Please
or

SoleBizzz · 04/06/2018 20:08

Yes you can. A riding school near me weight limit is 21 stones!😯

Please
or

Ploppymoodypants · 04/06/2018 20:08

I am sure you can ride. Not sure how you can ride race horses, but most riding schools should be able to accommodate a 13 stone rider easily. Personally I wouldn’t put a novice in an ex race horse anyway and you are probably at the limit for a TB. Especially as non riders tend to sit more heavily.
Personally I would do a few visits to local riding schools and suss out which seem to suit you best. Do you have a horsey friend you can take along with you?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.