Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Canary shirts for showing

ThatchersCold · 02/06/2018 20:42

Just thought I’d share this top tip!

Dd had grown out of her last canary shirt, which was a ‘proper’ one bought on eBay for about £15.

We have a show tomorrow and only white school shirts. I thought that would have to do but then decided to chuck one on a 90 degree wash along with a yellow duster.

Hey presto! One perfect canary shirt!

OP's posts:
Please
or

BaldricksWife · 04/06/2018 10:01

It's a good tip! The cheaper the duster, the better it works too.

Please
or

RatherBeRiding · 04/06/2018 16:25

I used to do this back when DD did the odd bit of showing. The shirt needs to be cotton though, and the duster very cheap. I think I used to get a £2.99 shirt from Boyes along with a handful of dusters - job done!

Please
or

BaldricksWife · 05/06/2018 09:40

Many moons ago I was at a friends house, her daughter was one of the leading show pony jockies at that time and we decided to brighten up her jodphurs by soaking them in a bucket with yellow dusters. We then had some wine, and some more wine. We forgot about the jods and when eventually they were remembered they were rather bright! Having no other spares she had to ride in them the next day, it was a very important show and she stood champion. There was a comment in H&H about banana legs and the fashion for very canary jods in the pony classes was born.

Please
or

ThatchersCold · 05/06/2018 19:30

Grin that’s brilliant baldricks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Butkin1 · 06/06/2018 17:25

Show shirts are always a problem - we're constantly having to tweak them to make them fit just right. Last weekend it was so hot we cut the sleeves off one of DD's show shirts because it fitted the best around her neck but she was overcome with the heat! So much so we had to buy her a new blue jacket in a thinner material at the show to stop the complaining !

A lot of jockey on M&Ms still wear yellow shirts with their tweed although Sam Roberts wears her trademark pale blue ones.

Our DD has a range of shirts to go under her blue show pony jacket and likes the thin red and white pink stripe the best. A lot of SP jockeys are going for plain white these days with a more striking tie.

For M&M Workers she's chosen pale blue with a white colour and it seems to work well with the grey connie she's riding at the moment.

Please
or

Butkin1 · 06/06/2018 17:26

white collar...

Please
or

DiplomaticDecorum · 06/06/2018 17:27

And there was me thinking it was all about the ponyHmm

Please
or

lizzielou80 · 19/06/2018 20:05

Equetech do stretch cotton shirts and techie quick drying ones. All with tie collars for showing.

Please
or

JustKeepStumbling · 20/06/2018 23:21

Diplomatic Decorum; more like who’s at the end of the reins or lead rein in my experience Grin

Please
or

soupforbrains · 20/06/2018 23:26

We're quite lucky as a school in our area has canary shirts at their school uniform so they're easy to get hold of and not very expensive. 😍

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.