Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Hat hair help please!!

yawning801 · 26/05/2018 15:42

So I'm going to watch a show tomorrow but I get awful, awful hat hair and it's going to be very embarrassing! Does anyone have any tips on preventing/reducing hat hair from a riding hat? (Not wearing one is not an option!) TIA

OP's posts:
Please
or

yawning801 · 26/05/2018 16:39

Bump

OP's posts:
Please
or

yawning801 · 26/05/2018 16:51

Bump x2

OP's posts:
Please
or

Liz38 · 26/05/2018 17:11

Shave it off. After 30+ years of trying to avoid hat hair when riding I have to say it can't be done. But at least everyone else will be in the same position?

Please
or

yawning801 · 27/05/2018 07:19

Liz Grin but nobody else seems to have this problem!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Theresahairbrushinthefridge · 27/05/2018 08:11

Swap for another cool non riding hat. That's why horsey peeps have such a selection!

Please
or

Kr250710 · 28/05/2018 07:31

Take dry shampoo...spray liberally (like use loads) and rather than use a plastic hairbrush or comb use one of the bristles ones as I find that keeps it fluffy. Doesn’t always work but if I’ve just had the hat on and not ridden it usually solves my problem x

Please
or

RatherBeRiding · 01/06/2018 12:21

What's your hair like? The people with long hair that they can scrape back into a pony tail seem to be the ones best able to get away with hat hair (like my daughter! - she just takes pony tail out, gives it a good comb through, re-ties ponytail.)

Mine is multi-layered and shoulder length. It looks a bloody mess after I've ridden. I take hat off as soon as possible, ruffle through with fingers to fluff up and dry off sweat and hope for the best!

Please
or

Kr250710 · 01/06/2018 19:54

@RatherBeRiding would you believe me if I told you I have shoulder length - just past with a fringe and layers! Sometimes it works and sometimes it wasn’t but I could not live without my dry shampoo! Lol xx

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.