Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Advice wanting please

cedmonds · 07/12/2013 22:05

We are looking for a loan pony for ds since his pony needs to step down a level.Went to go and see one today he is lovely and ds felt safe on him and was popping him over a 2'3 course. But he can look very slightly un level behind. He has had a bad back and the owner got it looked at and the vet couldnt find anything wrong. He has also just had his back shoes taken off. He can be very lazy in the school but is over weight and un fit. Am i mad to get him and see what happen when he has lost the weight and had his back shoes put back on

OP's posts:
Please
or

EnlightenedOwl · 07/12/2013 22:51

I don't know. Is he unlevel because the shoes are off? Why are his shoes off? is the back issue resolved or ongoing? If overweight/unfit and occasionally unlevel wouldn't have jumped him to be honest.

Please
or

cedmonds · 08/12/2013 15:10

His back shoes are off to save money ! He is not so unfit not to jump wasn't sweaty or out of breath just unfit in the way he has no muscle. If that makes sense. Getting him on a months trail and will get the vet out to have a look.

OP's posts:
Please
or

EnlightenedOwl · 08/12/2013 16:01

A lot of people don't bother having back shoes on so that wouldn't worry me. If he just needs conditioning that will come with work. Getting the back looked at and lameness work up good idea if nothing forthcoming from that probably will be fine. Perhaps the lack of shoes behind may be making him a bit footy?

Please
or

cedmonds · 08/12/2013 21:38

I think he had got used to having shoes on so footy when he had then off.I have got one very excited happy little boy now just hope that it all works out.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?