Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

What a bargain!

Mirage · 10/08/2013 19:21

My Dad went off to a vintage machinery show today,and came home with 12 sets of show jumps in the back of the landrover.Grin As I helped him unload them,I asked what I owed him.He got the lot for £5!!! Apparently,the bidding started at £5 and no one bid against him.They are solidly built out of wood,brand new and just need painting,so that is a job for the DDs.I'm really pleased with our bargain.Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

marialuisa · 10/08/2013 19:32

Brilliant, hope the girls have fun decorating!

Please
or

Mirage · 10/08/2013 19:56

Smile I bought a load of jump cups from preloved last week,just need more poles now.

How are DD and Jazz? We didn't know if we'd see you at camp.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Butkin · 10/08/2013 21:37

Excellent. We actually gave away some wooden show jump wings though as they were so much hassle to lug around. We've gone plastic now.

However if you can move yours ok that is a bargain.

Please
or

Loshad · 10/08/2013 22:06

that is a super bargain.

Please
or

Mirage · 12/08/2013 19:29

Luckily they are light enough for the DDs to carry,unlike the ones which my dad built,even I struggle with those.We have commenced jump painting today.

The dds are freakishly strong,the checkout lady at the supermarket was astonished to see DD2 hoiking up heavy shopping bags,and DD1 is the youngest in her year,but can thrash all the boys at arm wrestling.Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

DENMAN03 · 16/08/2013 20:59

Blimey! that is a super bargain. Unpainted wooden poles are around £7 around here.. I paid £1500 for my set of showjumps!! (plastic however)

Please
or

Ponks · 16/08/2013 21:59

What a bargain, I am Envy

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.