Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

i found my share

headlesshorseman · 05/08/2012 21:12

I am so excited, I have finally found a horse share!
After months of looking and meeting some right characters, I have found a beautiful 16h thoroughbred, with lovely owners.
He is 20, but not an old man yet, very strong but very responsive in the school, and I caught him first try with no hassle. Smile
We have discussed almost everything, from yard rules to feed routine, except for money. The owner said that she was looking for someone to give him the time and attention that she can't, with a little exercise a few days a week, and asked me how much I feel I should contribute money-wise. I offered £25 a week, but she said that was too much.
He is on full livery and is shod front and back, so how much do you think is reasonable contribution?

OP's posts:
Please
or

snowpo · 05/08/2012 22:06

Wow, he is on full livery and she said £100pcm was too much? That's about the norm to pay if you're doing chores and mucking out.
I only charge my sharer £40pcm but she mucks out and really does me a favour giving me a couple of days off, and bit of exercise, grooming and cuddles for my poor neglected horse who has to now take second place to 2 toddlers. If it helps most people I know charge between £60 and £120pcm but that includes the sharer mucking out.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.