Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Dear metropolitan police.........

itsthawooluff · 29/02/2012 12:10

I have empty stable in which I used to keep a 17 hand Dutch warmblood, my horses are treated like children (and my children would say better than they are), I am used to the vet bills for old giffers in their twilight years, I am CRB checked, fine upstanding member of my local community, would actually look after it myself rather than getting DH's stable hands to do the grubby stuff, and have absolutely no connections with any newspapers or phone hacking.

On the other hand I have no contacts with the great and good............and am never photographed at Downing Street / Cheltenham / out in London.

Please can I foster an ex police horse?

OP's posts:
Please
or

redrubyshoes · 29/02/2012 12:16

Get a dodgy reputation and hang around shady people and Bob's your uncle and Fanny's your aunt. Wink

Please
or

Winkly · 29/02/2012 12:17

yes

About two thirds the way down the page.

Please
or

itsthawooluff · 29/02/2012 12:18

How dodgy? Slightly odd poacher types or rob the pension fund types?

OP's posts:
Please
or

nickelhasababy · 29/02/2012 12:19

you can - all you need to do is contact them.

Please
or

CMOTDibbler · 29/02/2012 12:21

I could photograph you at Cheltenham. At the hard standing car boot sale, but tis the racecourse an all isn't it ?

Please
or

itsthawooluff · 29/02/2012 12:21

Ah, if only I lived in the home counties, but I'm in the midlands. Will go and see if Brum bobbies do the same.

OP's posts:
Please
or

itsthawooluff · 29/02/2012 12:23

CMOT - I've been to a festival at Cheltenham, (music / beer / knit your own falafel), but not THE Cheltenham festival.

OP's posts:
Please
or

redrubyshoes · 29/02/2012 12:43

A Mark Thatcher type character should swing it for you. Wink

Please
or

snowpo · 29/02/2012 21:49

Realise this is tongue in cheek but I don't get what the fuss is about. A lot of them have knackered backs and legs from all the roadwork, many are so used to stabling they hate being turned out, she is basically providing a retirement home for an oldie? Really don't understand why everyone thinks she's been done some huge underhand favour.

Please
or

itsthawooluff · 02/03/2012 18:11

I did have tongue firmly in cheek. As someone said on the radio today, following the disclosure that the Prime Minister has also ridden this horse (thus suggesting it wasn't quite purely a foster place without benefit to the fosterer) it's the rather unsettling picture of politicians, newspaper types and the police cosying up together.

I prefer the various parts of the establishment keeping a watchful eye on each other.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.