Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your horse, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Back brace - help, need some advice urgently!

willow · 05/07/2011 11:54

So, I'm off on a week's riding holiday on Friday. Ten days ago the horse I was riding bucked - I stayed on but I jarred my back. Saw osteopath yesterday who did a lot of clicking and pummelling - then rode today and it was agony. Not sure if it's worse because of having been pummelled yesterday, but am really worried about how I will cope with a week in the saddle if my back is like this. Can anyone recommend a good back brace? Injury is middle of my back, just below bra line, and I felt it with every trot and canter today :(

OP's posts:
Please
or

HerMajestiesSecretCervix · 06/07/2011 08:57

I've had a similar injury and it is worse directly after treatment and I was advised to rest and not put strain on the area for a few days. Can you get as much rest as possible but maybe do some gentle stretching to avoid seizing up? Lots of hot baths also helped me.

Please
or

willow · 06/07/2011 14:02

Think you are right. Feels much better today. Was numpty to ride yesterday - due to ride tomorrow also, but will hold off until the weekend now.

OP's posts:
Please
or

willow · 06/07/2011 14:02

Love your name btw. :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

willow · 06/07/2011 14:03

Even though, pedant that I am, I feel compelled to point out should be majesty's (but not sure you can use punctuation in names anyhow!)

OP's posts:
Please
or

HerMajestiesSecretCervix · 06/07/2011 14:26

Buggery

Please
or

HerMajestysSecretCervix · 07/07/2011 09:30

Can't have punctuation in user names but is this better? I don't think it looks as nice.

How's the back?

Please
or

MitchiestInge · 07/07/2011 13:48

I often hurt that bit of my back, usually on one side, always when horse shies in gallop or just accelerates insanely round a bend - even a fast canter if I don't keep well off his back. I can usually just about keep riding each day if I take lots of painkillers and just walk/rising trot or if must canter then stay in light seat. Hopefully you will have a comfortable armchair sort of horse/pony on holiday and not one that is wiggly or has too much uncomfortable movement.

Please
or

horsemadmom · 11/07/2011 23:14

Have a look at Vertibax range. I have a special riding brace from them that keeps my separated pelvis from rocking. Try Pilates for a longer term fix.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.