Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Teaching in heatwave

Trightv · 16/07/2022 20:08

What are your plans for coping in classrooms in the heat?

Our pupils have only been told they may remove their blazers and jumpers, and I've got no windows to the outside in my classroom!

The admin team generally take a very dim view (from their air conditioned office) of calling for a First Aider when pupils are unwell, and I see this being the case.

OP's posts:
Please
or

LiamRose · 16/07/2022 20:33

Our students are allowed to wear their PE kit. Male members of staff can remove their tie and undo their top button. Professional shorts were refused, though I'm still deciding whether or not to wear them anyway and face whatever consequences come my way.

Other than that, I've got an electric hand fan and a water mister. Some of our classrooms will easily top 40°, so I'm going to be sat at the front and moving minimally!

Please
or

Dizzyhedgehog · 17/07/2022 11:23

We are closing at lunchtime next week. Thursday and Friday were early closure days anyway, though.
Our kids wear uniform but that includes summer dressed and shorts and t-shirts. None of the kids usually wear shirts or blazers as part of their uniform. Not even in our secondary section. (We're a through-school.)
My classroom is OK and faces the woods. They've also revised the temperature predictions for our area and it's only going to be around 36 degrees max on one day and then hovering around 30 on the others...so I'm not too fussed.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.