Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Do any other primary teachers feel like you can’t have a whinge without sounding like a 5 year old? Colleague keeps skipping the line!

MissPettie · 12/11/2021 17:55

We have 4 classes using the same door at breaks. Obviously it works best that the class at the top end of the corridor goes in first.

One of the middle teachers keeps skipping in first and it disrupts the entire corridor! Aaaargh!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Dizzyhedgehog · 12/11/2021 18:47

We do something similar and have a clear order of who goes when. It annoys me when people on duty don't bother to check.
It also annoys me when my class turns up in my classroom 5 minutes before break actually finishes...or when someone sends them the wrong way. It's November. We've beendoing this for weeks. Get your act together.
Happy to whinge... 😀

Please
or

bananabuddy3 · 12/11/2021 18:49

Yep, me and the other teachers sounded like 5 year olds the other day. We’ve just had inspection. Head put a load of cakes on the staff room table the next day.
Now whenever there’s treats we have a couple of staff who seem to get in first and swipe the bulk of it somehow. On this occasion I was getting a drink, and these two were in there wrapping up cakes saying they’re taking some for their kids and kids friends who are round for tea, oooo one for the husband because he loves chocolate chip etc.Left enough for about a quarter of the remaining staff. So one of us stood up and said “those cakes aren’t for your children and families, they’re for staff from the Head as a thank you, put the, back!”. Boom. We are all accused of sounding like 5 year olds. Exact phrase used. We did. But it’s the principle. We

Please
or

Rainbowunicorn76 · 12/11/2021 19:14

@bananabuddy3

Yep, me and the other teachers sounded like 5 year olds the other day. We’ve just had inspection. Head put a load of cakes on the staff room table the next day.
Now whenever there’s treats we have a couple of staff who seem to get in first and swipe the bulk of it somehow. On this occasion I was getting a drink, and these two were in there wrapping up cakes saying they’re taking some for their kids and kids friends who are round for tea, oooo one for the husband because he loves chocolate chip etc.Left enough for about a quarter of the remaining staff. So one of us stood up and said “those cakes aren’t for your children and families, they’re for staff from the Head as a thank you, put the, back!”. Boom. We are all accused of sounding like 5 year olds. Exact phrase used. We did. But it’s the principle. We

I'm so glad you called them out though.... the cheek of them Grin

I'm lucky in that we love a good healthy whinge in our school, tears and everything.
Even the SLT on more than one occasion.
It actually works well, we have a whinge, get it sorted then move on without leaving and atmosphere. We'll mostly
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.