Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Planning over summer hols?

Cerealtoast2 · 03/05/2021 23:29

When and how do you do planning for new class over summer holidays? I'm seriously thinking of putting kids into a summer camp for a few days to do all the paperwork. How do others manage it? I'm changing classroom so I need to do this in summer hols too.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mistressinthetulips · 04/05/2021 19:00

I don't work in the summer. I work hard at the end of term when others might be easing off a bit so I won't have to.

Please
or

MrsHamlet · 04/05/2021 19:05

@Mistressinthetulips

I don't work in the summer. I work hard at the end of term when others might be easing off a bit so I won't have to.

This. I am often the last one out of the door on the last day because I work late every day in the last couple of weeks so I don't have to do anything in the summer.
Please
or

cantkeepawayforever · 04/05/2021 19:48

@Cerealtoast2

When and how do you do planning for new class over summer holidays? I'm seriously thinking of putting kids into a summer camp for a few days to do all the paperwork. How do others manage it? I'm changing classroom so I need to do this in summer hols too.

When my children were young enough to need it, there were two summer holiday activities linked to their interests that ran simultaneously at the very start of the holiday.

I would book them both into that, blitz everything and leave most things sorted for the Autumn term at that point.
Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 04/05/2021 20:33

I also work long hours into July, but usually have to do a day in school just to sort myself out a bit. This year my school is having loads of work done - new heating and windows. I'm going to take everything down and box it up at the end of the summer term, and have put child into sports camp in the last 3 days of the summer holidays. One day for hair cut, one day for a day out with partner, one day for school - putting everything back up!

Will still work loads in the last few weeks getting planning etc sorted. We're on a two year curriculum, so starting over from 2019 this year - should be able to tweak planning I hope.

Please
or

Aboutatoy · 04/05/2021 20:59

Yep mine do a camp of some description for at least a week so I can work. I have to go in for some days before the start of term for sixth form sign up, results etc so have to have some holiday childcare.

Please
or

Floobydo · 05/05/2021 20:41

Yes mine usually do some kind of activity camp or go to their grandparents for a few days so I can get bits done. They do in most hols tbh.

Please
or

ValancyRedfern · 06/05/2021 21:28

I have dd with her childminder for a week at the end of the holidays so I can work. I'd like to be able to do it all in July but I'm just too exhausted.

Please
or

HarrietDVane · 06/05/2021 21:46

I tend to do a couple of days at the start of the holidays to change displays/tidy out cupboards/generally tart the place up, and then another couple just before we go back to upload planning/print resources. I've been in my year group for a while though, so I'm at the point where I can pick and choose from a lot of existing planning/resources to suit the cohort coming up.

When I moved year groups I put in a lot more work over the summer getting to grips with the curriculum.

Please
or

HarrietDVane · 06/05/2021 21:49

Forgot to say: my children used to come in with me and play on the field outside my classroom and/or watch a movie on the whiteboard. Now they're older they get to help tidy cupboards/take down displays etc as well.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.