Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

If you had the time what resources would you make?

MissPrimaryCrafts · 03/04/2021 00:16

Hi, I'm doing my primary PGCE and now have 2 weeks off over easter with pretty much no work to do! My last placement was delayed a bit because of COVID so I got ahead then.

So I thought I could make some resources for my future classroom. I haven't got a job yet so don't know the year group but I'm hoping for Y2/3/4. So I'm wondering, if you had 2 weeks free what classroom resources would you make?

OP's posts:
Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 03/04/2021 16:56

I'd just buy them to be honest.

I've been looking at my room with a critical eye over the last few weeks - it feels too busy for the level of autism I have - so was thinking of reducing 'stuff'.

Used to have to make things like fraction wheels and place value charts, but you can buy those cheaply now. Also used to make display stuff like times tables or key parts of language and so on, but again I'd buy them from Primary Teaching.

I'd spend time maybe making lettering for English, Maths, Reading, Writing, Spelling or whatever.

Please
or

RuleWithAWoodenFoot · 03/04/2021 16:57

How about laminated 100 squares?

Please
or

Floobydo · 03/04/2021 17:45

I wouldn’t.

I would enjoy the time off.

You could spend ages making things you may or may not need in the future, or you could just enjoy the time with nothing to do because there will ALWAYS be something you could be doing once you start teaching.

Just enjoy it!

Please
or

MissPrimaryCrafts · 03/04/2021 19:00

@Floobydo

I wouldn’t.

I would enjoy the time off.

You could spend ages making things you may or may not need in the future, or you could just enjoy the time with nothing to do because there will ALWAYS be something you could be doing once you start teaching.

Just enjoy it!

I understand what you mean and I appreciate the advice! However I really don't like to be idle and I like craft projects so would be good to have some classroom things to make Smile
OP's posts:
Please
or

BadlydoneHelen · 06/04/2021 11:03

In a primary, rather than make something I would get together a file of activities that you can do in emergencies or use as morning starters- I'm thinking of things for eg when the WiFi is down so you can't use interactive board for the lesson you planned/when you really need to sort out a problem with a child to keep the rest of the class occupied/when you have 20 minutes to fill because assembly was cancelled etc etc. Need to be things that don't need you to run to the photocopier for.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.