Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Part time days change

proseccodreamz · 23/02/2021 14:11

I have been working part time for 6 years- the same days. The school are saying they may have to change to days of part time teachers. Can they do this!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

HercwasanEnemyofEducation · 23/02/2021 16:14

The short answer is yes. All our PTers know to expect a change each year.

Please
or

sd249 · 23/02/2021 16:27

Yes - and in fact - if your contract is just 0.6 or 0.8 they can even put it over 5 days!

Most don't... but they can.

Our PT days change most years depending on the timetable.

Please
or

thebookeatinggirl · 23/02/2021 16:56

It depends what your contract says. I f it specifies actual days of the week, then I don't think they can change them without your agreement. If it just specifies a percentage e.g. 0.6 (like most do) then they can change your days, but it still needs to be negotiated/consulted on with plenty of notice to be reasonable.

Please
or

likeafishneedsabike · 23/02/2021 22:28

I didn’t realise that they weren’t meant to change your days off! I assumed you waited for July in a day off lottery timetabling game and then frantically arranged childcare for September.

Please
or

flumposie · 24/02/2021 13:42

Mine changes every year. We have a 2 week timetable so each week is different also.

Please
or

ItsIgginningtolooklikelockdown · 24/02/2021 18:03

OP it might not be ok for them to do this if you have worked in the same pattern for a long time - there is an element of custom and practice (I might have the phrase wrong) - as a union rep I've been involved in something about this, pm me if you want more info don't want to write it on here.

Please
or

proseccodreamz · 24/02/2021 21:35

@ItsIgginningtolooklikelockdown

OP it might not be ok for them to do this if you have worked in the same pattern for a long time - there is an element of custom and practice (I might have the phrase wrong) - as a union rep I've been involved in something about this, pm me if you want more info don't want to write it on here.

Thank you! I've spoken to the union and they said the same thing. Hopefully that will be the case. Smile
OP's posts:
Please
or

Subordinateclause · 24/02/2021 23:12

Suspect this is different (though not in the legal sense) in primary and secondary, as in the former there aren't new timetables every September. I would think it unusual in primary for days to be changed even year to year without discussion.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.