Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

How to answer this question for Skitt interview....

Rory786 · 21/12/2020 22:04

Question: What would you do if you did not get on with your mentor?

Answer....?!
Is it grit your teeth and demonstrate resilience?
Or is it speak to the head office and demonstrate assertiveness?
Or a bit of both... I really hope this question does not crop up!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Misssugarplum12764 · 21/12/2020 22:46

I really, really don’t think they’d ask that of a potential SCITT student, it’d be incredibly unfair!!

However, if you have heard that a particular SCITT does ask it, as a current SLT who has also done PGCE interviews, I suppose they might ask it to find out about your resilience, ability to get on with colleagues etc, I’d say you could say things like: it’s a professional relationship, so whether you “get on” with them is irrelevant as long as you’re both meeting the professional standards and the mentor is giving advice to improve your practice and you’re acting on it. You’d also have to reflect on why the relationship is breaking down: do they simply not have time for you, or making you feel like they don’t (something that would be reasonable to raise with your professional tutor) or are you just struggling to accept constructive advice?

Please
or

Rory786 · 22/12/2020 00:05

@Misssugarplum12764
I googled potential questions and that one baffled me. Thank you for your reply, I found if really helpful.

OP's posts:
Please
or

cherrypiepie · 22/12/2020 13:25

Ooh what a awful question to be asked. If you were that unlucky I would say as PP that it's " I view it as a professional relationship and that would treat it as businesslike interaction with any other colleague. I understand the benefits of having a goodrelation ship with my mentor. However If I had concerns worried or needed addition support I would be speak to the professional tutor or next in the chain in command"

Please
or

Rory786 · 22/12/2020 13:48

@cherrypiepie.
What a perfect answer to a tricky question. Thanks so much!

OP's posts:
Please
or

cherrypiepie · 22/12/2020 14:53

You are welcome! Smile

Please
or

Serena1977 · 22/12/2020 16:18

I've just had 3 different Scitt interviews. I wasn't asked that question but I was asked many others. Each one asked different ones.

I got all 3 places!

Please
or

Rory786 · 24/12/2020 21:39

Congratulations! @Serena1977.
Fantastic news and before Christmas too!
Good luck for your teacher training!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Misssugarplum12764 · 25/12/2020 09:06

Well done! And good luck too : )

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.