Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Other teaching jobs

Fleabagster · 20/08/2020 12:32

I am having a bit of a break this year for a number of reasons, having taught primary for 15 years. I’m interested to know what else I could do with my skills/qualifications. I’d happily still teach but I’m a bit fed up with the conventional school setting and need to change. I don’t mind a pay cut and have even considered more TA style roles.
Any ideas?!

OP's posts:
Please
or

noblegiraffe · 20/08/2020 12:49

Intervention? There’s going to be all this ‘great summer catch-up’ money from the government so you might be able to get into that?

Please
or

Fleabagster · 20/08/2020 12:51

Oh yes I’d forgotten about those promises @noblegiraffe I’d quite like to do that kind of thing - not sure where I should be looking.

OP's posts:
Please
or

noblegiraffe · 20/08/2020 12:56

I’m not sure if the details are out yet, it was supposedly pushed back to after half term. Might be worth scouting out your local schools individually though and asking what their plans are. There will surely be some desire for catch-up intervention for the kids who did nothing since March even if not through the official DfE programme.

Please
or

reefedsail · 20/08/2020 20:17

Alternative Provision? There are some really amazing AP schools.

Please
or

Fleabagster · 22/08/2020 13:55

@reefedsail thank you. That does interest me but I’ve done a bit of googling and there doesn’t seem to be anything close enough to me. I’ll keep hunting!

OP's posts:
Please
or

reefedsail · 22/08/2020 14:00

What area are you in @Fleabagster? If it's an area covered by Axcis you could talk to them about what they have available in your area and do a bit of supply-ing around to get a feel for your local settings.

Please
or

dibbleme · 23/08/2020 20:02

A friend of mine (ex teacher) works in the education department at a major tourist attraction, designing and delivering the education programme for visiting schoolkids. She absolutely loves her job.

Please
or

Fleabagster · 23/08/2020 20:31

@dibbleme yes I’ve seen those jobs come up occasionally and thought they looked brilliant. I’ve done a bit of work as an educational consultant for a friend in marketing and that was great too. Thank you z

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.