Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Us for them

monkeytennis97 · 28/07/2020 20:19

Urgh... just been told on Twitter that a good teacher puts their pupils first. I don't understand why they don't want schools to have better safety guidelines than the current rubbish.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ohthegoats · 28/07/2020 21:29

I'm a good teacher. I put my family first.

Please
or

monkeytennis97 · 28/07/2020 21:31

Snap.😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

noblegiraffe · 28/07/2020 23:59

A teacher that doesn’t put themselves before their pupils tends not to last very long.

Easy to be a martyr for a short period. The kids, however, really need someone who will be there next term and next year.

Please
or

StaffAssociationRepresentative · 29/07/2020 00:38

It amazing how many knocks they give teachers.

Now if we did the same to others it would termed as bullying or damaging mental health and self esteem of others.

All these horrid comments impact upon school staff immensely. People don’t go into teaching for an easy life. Just reading some of the comments on other threads it is more like ‘us against them (teachers)’.

#solidarity

Please
or

Piggywaspushed · 29/07/2020 11:32

You put your own oxygen mask on first on a plane, no matter how much you love your children.

(topical analogy...)

Please
or

NeurotrashWarrior · 02/08/2020 16:49

That mindset is why so many good teachers end up with burn out and long terms stress/ leaving the profession.

Please
or

Danglingmod · 02/08/2020 16:53

(And they do nearly all work in offices that are closed until at least January and/or are allowing very small fractions of the workforce in with the CEV and CV allowed to WFH!!! See the Office thread.)

Please
or

hedgehogger1 · 02/08/2020 18:31

I put my own kids first (one of whom had a shielding letter)

Please
or

DiscoNapper · 03/08/2020 23:04

For folk that hold such contempt for teachers you'd think they would just homeschool them. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I've been trying not to look at their page as they make me so angry.

Please
or

BelleSausage · 04/08/2020 09:42

I would point out to them that we are putting the pupils first. The total chaos in September is going to be incredibly damaging to learning.

Their little sweethearts might be one of the lucky ones who’s school doesn’t close at all. Or they might find themselves regularly picking up said child to isolate at home for ten days because the kid has a cold 🤷🏻‍♀️

I still think sticking to the current guidelines will mean GCSE exam won’t be able to run next year. How will it be at all fair to have kids who have experienced major disruption sit the same exam as kids whose school has stayed open (somehow)? A question I’d like an answer to.

Please
or

noblegiraffe · 04/08/2020 11:12

Belle it will be fair because schools have been instructed to have a plan to segue seamlessly to online learning in the event of closures.

Any school that argues that their pupils have been disadvantaged will be putting themselves in the Ofsted firing line for not doing their jobs properly.

Neatly cutting that argument off at the pass.

Please
or

Piggywaspushed · 04/08/2020 11:15

Funny you should say that disco because that is what lots of them, in a fit of irony, say they are planning to do if either masks or social distancing are enforced. Praise Be.

Please
or

BelleSausage · 04/08/2020 11:46

@noblegiraffe

Yeah, that old chestnut ‘the guidance did say...’

I wonder how long it will take parents to work out that they’ve been duped, again.

School closes because of outbreaks- ‘the guidance did say schools may need to close for local outbreaks’

Child contracts Covid at school and is hospitalised ‘the guidance did say that PHE should be contacted if there is a positive case‘

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.