Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Views on the current secondary school job market?

rungichungi · 29/04/2020 13:48

Afternoon all, now we've all settled down into the new normal, what do you think recruitment is like? I'm pessimistically thinking there might be less jobs, unless you're retiring or really hate your school you probably won't be moving, right?

I'm returning to teaching after having kids and doing an MA, have 17 years teaching experience with a TLR point in my last post. But there are zero part-time jobs in my subject... starting get get worried for September!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Kathsmum · 10/05/2020 00:45

My experience is part time is non existent. Best option seems to be apply full time then request it. However, have been refused before so good luck. Sorry that sounds depressing.

Please
or

summerdown · 10/05/2020 07:31

What are you teaching?

Definitely fewer jobs

www.schooldash.com/blog.html#20200506

Please
or

Howaboutanewname · 10/05/2020 11:01

There are fewer jobs but I think that’s inevitable. People don’t move around in times of economic uncertainty. Where there are gaps because of resignation or retirement, I can see heads just deciding to rely on supply until such a time as they can do a proper recruitment process as so many won’t want to appoint without seeing some kind of interaction with students first. I would sign up with a few agencies as I suspect supply will be very much in demand come September.

Please
or

Poetryinaction · 10/05/2020 13:43

At my school at least 6 if us are going. 2 maternity leaves, 1 full time permanent and 3 part time permanents. There is movement.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.