Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Teacher pay rise 2019

Stripes66 · 25/10/2019 18:32

Is the teacher pay rise announced up to schools to chose to pay their teachers or are we all automatically getting it? I’ve seen a lot on the media about it but no one at work has mentioned it and I haven’t seen an increase in my September pay.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Lxx16 · 25/10/2019 18:34

I think it is down to the schools. So LEA schools have to honour it but academies and MATs don't? I may be wrong so please don't take my word for it! Also, you won't see it in September, more likely be in as back pay from November. My school doesn't process it until performance management has been completed and it all goes in with the back pay if we move up the scale.

Please
or

Blastandbollocks · 25/10/2019 18:36

It was announced but I know after the discussions and ratifications, ours doesn't usually get paid until the November pay. That allows any pay reviews to go through as well so there's only one adjustment.
It is backdated though.

Please
or

Stripes66 · 25/10/2019 18:37

Thank you both x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Danglingmod · 25/10/2019 18:44

Definitely depends on the school if you are an academy. Ours has said they will pay the full recommended increase this year and did last, but I know a colleague's wife's MAT paid 1% this year and last, so from a starting point of same place on payscale, they're now paid very different amounts.

Please
or

Stripes66 · 25/10/2019 18:56

I’m in an LEA school. Our school budget is extremely tight so I don’t know how they could do it?

OP's posts:
Please
or

geogteach · 25/10/2019 19:07

It is only partly funded so I think it is up to the school (Governors I presume) to decide if they can afford the rest. I am a centrally employed teacher for an LA and have been involved with some discussions about this and we are still waiting to hear if the council will fund it. I understand we will see it in Dec or Jan with a back payment to Sep.

Please
or

likeafishneedsabike · 25/10/2019 20:12

I’m in an academy. There was a message to say that the powers-that-be have ratified it and that it will be applied to October pay with September backdated.

Please
or

Nyon · 30/10/2019 10:33

Interestingly our SLT have remained totally silent on it. I suspect they think we'll forget and they can avoid paying it. Let's hope that the supermarkets, utilities companies etc also 'forget' to increase their services or my wages are going to start to pose an issue.

Please
or

BelindasGleeTeam · 30/10/2019 10:35

We were told we were getting it, but I still got the 2018 pay rate for sept and October.

Think it'll be ratified at governors this month and then applied and backdated.

It better had be!!!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.