Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Thrive Approach

WelshMoth · 02/10/2019 19:14

Anyone do this? Heard of it? Primary or Secondary?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Careradvice2019 · 02/10/2019 19:16

I know my primary school does it but don't know anything about it

Sorry not very helpful

Please
or

PastTheGin · 02/10/2019 19:57

My school does it. Teachers need to be specially trained to deliver lessons. All I know is that all kids from Year 7 upwards think it’s a waste of time.

Please
or

WelshMoth · 02/10/2019 20:19

Thanks.

Ah no, do they? I wonder why?
I work in quite a deprived area and too many of our pupils show huge emotional deficits which impacts on their ability to learn almost daily.

I was rather hoping I'd stumbled across something really worthwhile.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Chocs44 · 02/10/2019 20:47

We use the thrive approach at my Infant school. Some staff are thrive trained and they can carry out the assessments - individual or class. Then it shows where the gaps are in the child's emotional development and suggests activities that can be carried out. It's a great approach and really successful in our school. The thrive website explains the thinking and theory behind the approach.

Please
or

moggiemonster · 02/10/2019 20:51

In a previous school the SENCO raved about it. We had three hours training after school. I learnt some children are like crocodiles, some like monkeys and forgetting your passport could make you react badly. We then had to do an online assessment based on general questions for class. I discovered that my year ones sometimes had difficulties in distinguishing reality from imagination. We were left some ideas for circle time.

Such a shame as it had been described as really useful. I think the extreme heat may have put the trainer off.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.