Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Teachers pension in divorce

dorothysredshoes · 04/09/2019 20:13

Hi

Please help. Getting divorced. Husband wants my teachers pension valuing. I contacted teachers pension services they told me to fill in a CETV form. My husband has said this is not acceptable and not a true valuation of what it's worth.
Any advice , has anyone been in this situation?
I have not taught for 15 years - only paid in for 7 years. I am financially clueless.
Thanks Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

dorothysredshoes · 04/09/2019 20:39

Maybe I should post this in divorce?

OP's posts:
Please
or

stucknoue · 04/09/2019 20:44

The proper way costs a lot of money, we were quoted over £800! Instead we are choosing for me to get a set percentage on retirement, I'm aiming for 25% each month

Please
or

HappyHolidays75 · 04/09/2019 20:51

I used the cetv value.

Please
or

Racmactac · 04/09/2019 21:00

Well then tell him to pay for an actuary report which will cost him £1500. He is being ridiculous

Please
or

MrsElijahMikaelson1 · 04/09/2019 21:17

If he wants it, he can sort it and he can pay!

Please
or

dorothysredshoes · 04/09/2019 21:44

That's what I said. He can pay for an actuary to sort it out. Seems ridiculous waste of money though. He keeps blinding me with science talking about annuities etc so think it's best I get proper advice . Thanks for replies.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ArabellaRockerfella · 10/09/2019 20:41

I phoned them and said I need a current valuation for divorce purposes and they knew exactly what I needed. I received it a few weeks later.

Please
or

echt · 12/09/2019 10:13

I have not taught for 15 years - only paid in for 7 years. I am financially clueless.

And he's a royal numpty if he thinks he'll get much from 7 years of service. Tell the silly fecker to go for the actuary report. He'll soooooo regret it.

Please
or

purplemagnet · 12/09/2019 10:19

You can get one free report every 12 months - and choose between an estimate or a full cetv.

After that, if you want another (either of the above), you gave to pay for it - about £190.

An actuary is something else again. Why does he want an actuary report? Does he think it'd yield a greater pension value re yourself?

Please
or

dorothysredshoes · 18/09/2019 21:45

I've phoned the pension advisory service and they are calling me back for a free 45 min chat. Hopefully they can help me understand things more.
He wants a correct valuation of my pension so he can deduct the amount from what I receive from his pension pot.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.