Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Back to work panic

amaretto83 · 23/04/2019 21:50

I'm back in school tomorrow after several weeks off due to my child being ill in hospital and anxiety. My child is fully recovered now thank goodness but I'm terrified to go back and am panicking that I won't be able to cope in the classroom, especially with my more challenging groups. Part of me just thinks I need to get on with it but I'm so scared of crying or not being able to cope with challenging behaviour. It's frustrating as I feel I used to be able to deal with it fine, but since having post natal depression my anxiety levels in relation to work have been a struggle. Can anyone give me a kick up the bum and tell me it'll be fine?

OP's posts:
Please
or

wasgoingmadinthecountry · 24/04/2019 07:08

I have no real advice but I can tell you it will be fine and am happy to give you a kick up the bum! First days back are like that at the best of times. Do you have a supportive colleague/SLT who can keep an eye on you for a few days?

Am glad your child is fully recovered.

Hope it goes well! 22 teaching days left till half term! You can do it!

Please
or

amaretto83 · 25/04/2019 06:12

Thank you! It wasn't too bad in the end. Countdowns to end of term always help don't they Smile SLT and my line manager have been very supportive thankfully. Roll on half term.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.