Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Not good enough...

SleepymummyZzz · 26/02/2018 21:26

Feeling so sad tonight. Following an observation last week was told today I now have another Teacher team teaching with me every morning for the rest of the term. Never had any negative feedback before, was a very bad lesson but not reflective I thought of how things are usually. I don’t cope well being watched (who does😔) and cant help but think I am likely to be a million times worse knowing I am being observed all the time. Working stupid stupid hours and never see my own children. Hate my life right now. Urgghh! Sorry for offload! Any advice from others gratefully received!

OP's posts:
Please
or

user1518812545 · 26/02/2018 22:26

Sorry about this, teaching can be so shite sometimes!
Have you had any other indications they are not particularly happy or is this on the basis of one lesson?

Please
or

ArtyKitty · 26/02/2018 23:28

It's so rubbish when management make a snap decision about you. My HT thinks I'm thick so refuses to let me do the course Im really passionate about. It's soul destroying watching completely uninterested colleagues get the part just so they can add it to their cpd record..

Please
or

TelekenesisThesis · 28/02/2018 21:29

I feel your pain. I’ve been where you are now, it sucks. Can you look for another post? Unless school are being really kind and supportive the it might be time to move on before they put the pressure on too much. Sometimes a management just don’t ‘get’ you as a teacher and it can be really hard to prove your worth.

Please
or

Piggywaspushed · 28/02/2018 22:10

You seem to think it was a very bad lesson. In what way? Did you let them know it was unusual?

Have you got a union rep?

Please
or

Piggywaspushed · 28/02/2018 22:11

ps (try to)stop working stupid stupid hours : they clearly don't thank you for it and if you are teaching poorly it also is counterproductive...

Please
or

Appuskidu · 28/02/2018 22:12

I’ve seen this happen a lot in schools recently. Are you UPS?

Please
or

Lowdoorinthewal1 · 01/03/2018 21:38

I'm amazed they have somebody just floating who can be in your lessons every morning for a few weeks! What do they normally do?

Were you not given the opportunity to repeat the observation?

Please
or

SleepymummyZzz · 02/03/2018 09:12

Thanks everyone, feeling a bit calmer now 😊 They have phrased it as a supportive measure so I have been embracing this and at the end of each morning asking lots of questions this week about how to improve/what they would have done differently etc. It is torturous being watched for 3 hours every day though! My nerves are in tatters! I have come to the conclusion that my teaching style is ultimately very different to the person who observed me but I will take it all on board and do my best to please. Am distancing myself from it all though and will be giving myself the weekend off. Right now the job just isn’t worth devoting my whole life too 😔

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.