Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

a generic thank you to my son's teacher at secondary

hamsterloverlover · 27/08/2017 21:42

he started secondary (prob on mn a bog standard school) and wasn't top of the pack, primary school made me expect him to do pretty badly in his education but he has just got his grades and has passed everything.

I do really want to thank the school as they put on so many extra sessions (every sat) to enable the students to do well and I doubt they particularly wanted to do this! I would feel a chump telling the school how grateful I am that they just put that extra help in for the less able students and so that extra help really made the difference.

don't really know why I'm posting apart from to say thank you to the teachers and all teachers on here who recognise that they can make that difference xxxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

ClassicHummus · 27/08/2017 21:45

Tell them! Honestly, as a teacher, nothing would make me happier than to hear this from one of my student's parents. Email the head/write a card....anything would be so appreciated! Huge congratulations to your DS.

Please
or

Feelingprettycrapaboutthings · 27/08/2017 21:46

That's lovely but why would you feel like a chump saying that to the school? I'd be so thrilled to receive an email like that - if you email the head and he/she would forward it on to the staff. It would make my day as a teacher.

Please
or

HumphreyCobblers · 27/08/2017 21:46

I am sure your son's school would be delighted to hear your appreciation.

Please
or

MadeinBelfast · 27/08/2017 21:48

I'm sure the staff are really pleased for your son, there are students who will do well in any class with any teacher but it's lovely to see a student who finds things a bit harder flourish. You wouldn't be a chump to send in a thank you note but it wouldn't be expected at all 🙂

Please
or

hamsterloverlover · 27/08/2017 21:51

thank you I will send a letter to them. They did put in so many extra lessons and it really did make a difference. :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

mnahmnah · 27/08/2017 21:55

Our staff room gets very excited and emotional when we get a run of biscuits and a card from parents expressing similar sentiments! Honestly. We get so little appreciation the rest of the time!

Please
or

mnahmnah · 27/08/2017 21:56

Tin, not run!

Please
or

castasp · 27/08/2017 22:05

primary school teachers seem to get mountains of presents every christmas and end of year, yet at secondary it mostly dries up. Not that I'm jealous

Honestly, a thank you letter to the staff at the school would be greatly appreciated! It will probably be read out in a meeting (hope that doesn't put you off) and it will bring a tear to the eyes of those teachers who put on those extra sessions.

Please
or

hamsterloverlover · 27/08/2017 22:09

i will send a letter, my son who was then 5 bought me to mn in the first place so it's just such a revelation to me how things can change. but i do think the school was instrumental in helping with these extra classes.

OP's posts:
Please
or

clary · 28/08/2017 08:29

That's lovely Op and well done to your DS. Yy send a letter or an email, head will forward it and anyone involved will be delighted. We get very few thanks (and after all we are just doing our job!) so it's appreciated :)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.