Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Help! Maths "c"grade equiv????

SprigofRosemary · 23/08/2017 17:00

Hi all,
My husband studied at home home, with no help, to re do his maths GCSE...results tomorrow! He did this so he would get his C grade for future employment. However now I'm confused about what number that is? I've heard that he really needs a 5 but a 4 is still classed as a C? I just want to clarify as when we open his results we want to know! Anyone help?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Allthebestnamesareused · 23/08/2017 17:01

4 is classed as a pass and 5 a good pass.

Please
or

YogiYoni · 23/08/2017 17:05

This year's results are pegged to last year's. So a similar percentage of entrants will get 4+ this year as got c+ last year.

Most colleges are requesting 4+ for entry into a-levels; 6+ in the subject pupils want to take.

Employers won't have a clue what any of it means unfortunately. It's a shambles.

Please
or

SprigofRosemary · 23/08/2017 17:23

Thank you, I have already told him to write the number on his CV along with an explanation after it of what it is equivalent to. I can't understand why it bloody mattered, why not just stick with A-G?! Grrr

OP's posts:
Please
or

BoneyBackJefferson · 23/08/2017 18:50

why not just stick with A-G?! Grrr

Because they wouldn't be able to push the percentage up for a "c" as people would spot the discrepancy.

This way a "C" which was a 4 can become a 5 with a higher percentage, a lower pass rate in schools, which can then be forced to become academies (yes its still happening)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.