CPS have to decide whether to prosecute. I doubt they will though as the Royal Family do appear to be above the law.
"A file of evidence about cash-for-honours allegations involving one of the King’s charities has been passed to the Crown Prosecution Service. The claims relate to The Prince’s Foundation, a charity set up by the King when he was the Prince of Wales.The investigation followed newspaper reports a Saudi donor to the Prince’s Foundation was allegedly offered help to receive an honour.
Buckingham Palace said it would not comment on an ongoing police inquiry. The Prince’s Foundation did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
In a statement, the Metropolitan Police said: “A file was passed to the CPS on 31 October.
“The investigation remains ongoing and we will not be providing a running commentary on its progress.”
The Sunday Times has reported prosecutors are expected to decide before Christmas if charges would be brought. No one has been arrested. Anti-monarchy group Republic made a formal complaint to Met detectives about Charles and former close confidant Michael Fawcett in September 2021, following the newspaper stories. Mr Fawcett, who has since resigned as chief executive of The Prince’s Foundation, had been accused of promising to help Saudi billionaire Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz to secure a knighthood and in getting citizenship."
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63690651