Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mail on Sunday must publish front page statement of Meghan copyright win

PaulDacreIsStillACunt · 07/03/2021 16:59

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56296835

The Mail on Sunday has been ordered to publish a front-page statement about the Duchess of Sussex winning her copyright claim against the newspaper.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Rupertbeartrousers · 08/03/2021 09:42

Good for her

I’m not one for making people into heroes or villains and do believe that it was simultaneously possible for someone to be a bit of a bridezilla/pita to their staff/ private jet eco warrior, while simultaneously being misrepresented in the press, horrifically trolled on social media and experiencing snide racism and classism within the family you’ve married in to.

I think her interview explains more about what she meant with her previous comments about expecting things to be “fair” and how she could only lose in every situation. For example the tears over the bridesmaid fitting, a banal disagreement at a time of heightened stress and emotion. It probably happens in every family at some point, perhaps they both cried, but she has had her character assassinated over this and many other things without any right to reply. I can see how the injustice of such things would hurt deeply and leave her feeling that she only had Harry and her mum to trust.

Perhaps the letter to her father and meddling by her friends wasn’t the wisest move, likewise feeding stories for the finding freedom book, but it does hint at a person trying desperately to redress the balance stacked against them.

I was dubious about all the court cases and Oprah but I wonder if she felt she had nothing to lose. I’m glad it’s worked out for her, although poking the hornets with the press and RF nest may cause them more drama in the long run.

Please
or

RickiTarr · 09/03/2021 03:02

That’s pretty standard isn’t it? She won so they have to apologise. Fair enough.

Please
or

aweegc · 09/03/2021 04:43

The wording will be interesting. As will the other stories on the front page and images to boot.

Is it just the print copy, or also line? Does the MoS have an online version or is that just the DM?

Please
or

WhiskyWhiskersdottir · 09/03/2021 05:42

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer newspaper. Well, maybe the Sunday Sun or whatever the News of the World is calling itself these days but you get my drift.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.