Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your pet, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

How does he know

Izzy24 · 28/06/2022 09:09

When my elderly relative is coming to visit?

We often have house guests but DC seems to know when this particular visitor is arriving.

Making up the bed yesterday DC watched all preparations from the window sill (usually far too busy doing Important Things to hang around indoors with me).

Then the moment this visitor arrives and is ensconced in their favourite chair DC leaps into their lap and stays there for the rest of the visit, moving only when the lap leaves the room and pouncing back on immediately it returns.

This a cat who barely deigns to notice the staff unless there is insufficient food provided.

And the visitor isn’t even a cat person …🤷‍♀️☺️

OP's posts:
Please
or

LookAtMyCircumstance · 28/06/2022 09:56

And the visitor isn’t even a cat person

That'll be why. Warm lap + annoyance to non-car person = happy cat. Watching you tidying up was just foreplay.

Please
or

Izzy24 · 28/06/2022 10:30

LookAtMyCircumstance · 28/06/2022 09:56

And the visitor isn’t even a cat person

That'll be why. Warm lap + annoyance to non-car person = happy cat. Watching you tidying up was just foreplay.

Ha!

Probably right !

Although the non-cat person is quite pleased to have been singled out I think.

But they insist on referring to DC as ‘she’ instead of ‘he’.

Just to prove they’re really indifferent to all the attention…☺️

Actually, posting this it occurs to me that the visitor has several cat-traits so perhaps like attracts like 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

OP's posts:
Please
or

Igmum · 28/06/2022 10:54

Yup. Even better if the visitor is actually allergic then DCat can inflict pain while looking endearing.

Please
or

Toddlerteaplease · 28/06/2022 16:52

Cats definitely avoid you if you are desperate for their attention. My friends cats do as do all the cats in cat cafes!

Please
or

iklboo · 28/06/2022 17:09

@Igmum - definitely. One of our friends is allergic to cats. One heads straight for her and plonks himself on her lap. And she won't move him because she thinks it's rude (to the cat) 😄.

Please
or

gingersplodgecat · 28/06/2022 17:18

How come my cat knew to come out and greet me as I drove down the street towards our house in a new car I'd just bought?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.