Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet does not check the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you're worried about the health of your pet, please speak to a vet or qualified professional.

Is this forgivable?

Hillrunning · 27/06/2022 21:25

When we got our two cats 8 years ago I registered them at the vets and so the nurse clearly took my surname and gave it to the cats. Great, it fit well and made me laugh. Last year we moved but hadn't got round to registering them elsewhere yet. Or so I thought, I have just found out that my husband has actually registered them a while ago specifically so that they would have his surname as apparently he has always been jealous. Im outraged at such sneaky behaviour. Shall I forgive him and does your cat have your surname?

Obligatory photo included

Is this forgivable?
OP's posts:
Please
or

ofwarren · 27/06/2022 21:27

We both have the same surname so yes they do. In your situation you may need to double barrel them OP Grin

Please
or

Toddlerteaplease · 27/06/2022 22:35

You'll have to double barrel. 🤣🤣 I love that your DP did it secretly.

Please
or

Toddlerteaplease · 27/06/2022 22:36

Beautiful cat/cats. How many are there in that picture

Please
or

Hillrunning · 28/06/2022 05:19

I'm already double barrelled thanks to dome mishap in the 1800s, so we'd have to triple. And the cats each have two first names already. It's getting ridiculous. I've decided to let him have the naming of the cats, he adores them and fusses them endlessly.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hillrunning · 28/06/2022 05:22

Toddlerteaplease · 27/06/2022 22:36

Beautiful cat/cats. How many are there in that picture

Just one there. They don't hate each other but they are never near enough to be in the same photo

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hillrunning · 28/06/2022 05:25

Husband just did a little victory dance regarding their names.Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

nellytheelephant1980 · 28/06/2022 07:14

LTB

Please
or

LookAtMyCircumstance · 28/06/2022 07:20

You could up the stakes and put your surname on their name tags. Or monogrammed blankets or something. You could have have fun with this. Which name is on their microchip?

Please
or

bluechilli47 · 28/06/2022 07:34

Forgive. But remind him every time they need the vets they are in his name and he therefore must pay.

Please
or

LookAtMyCircumstance · 28/06/2022 10:01

bluechilli47 · 28/06/2022 07:34

Forgive. But remind him every time they need the vets they are in his name and he therefore must pay.

Not just pay - he has to get the cats into the cat basket, alone - as they are his cats now after all.

Please
or

TheLongRider · 28/06/2022 12:02

Only my vet and DD's school know me by my married name. I kept my name everywhere else.

Please
or

Hillrunning · 28/06/2022 12:07

LookAtMyCircumstance · 28/06/2022 07:20

You could up the stakes and put your surname on their name tags. Or monogrammed blankets or something. You could have have fun with this. Which name is on their microchip?

Oh I had forgotten about the chips, I may secretly log in and make sure they are in my name.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Hillrunning · 28/06/2022 12:08

As for making him pay, well we are married so it's all our money but I may use it next time the litter tray needs a deep clean. They are his after all.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Fluffycloudland77 · 01/07/2022 09:22

I love this so much. Yy to blankets with your surname on them.

Please
or

Fluffycloudland77 · 01/07/2022 09:23

I’m guessing if you had kids this would be more straightforward.

Please
or

Want2beme · 01/07/2022 10:52

Can't really blame DH for wanting to bathe in their gloryGrin When it comes to our cats, the gloves are off!!

Please
or

Allergictoironing · 01/07/2022 11:02

LookAtMyCircumstance · 28/06/2022 10:01

Not just pay - he has to get the cats into the cat basket, alone - as they are his cats now after all.

This

Cat needs vet - he has to trap & take the cat
Litter tray needs doing - he does it
Cat vomits - he cleans it up, including hairballs
Cat needs pills or other home treatment - he does it Grin

Please
or

SarahSissions · 04/07/2022 10:22

My animals are all registered so let in my name so if I was to separate from my partner there is less confusion over ownership. Are they mircrochipped- I’m really surprised he can register pets in his name with no proof of ownership

Please
or

Littlebirdyouaresosweet · 04/07/2022 10:24

All dpets are registered to me. Told dh if we ever split he ain't keeping any!!.
Even his own ddog!!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.