My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

Our lovely cat

7 replies

chatee · 04/01/2013 17:53

Just another horrible thing to have happened today-hubby has just rung me and one of our two cats who are loving brothers has been killed today-am sat in the car crying don't want to go back to my parents as cant face the children....don't want to drive either....gutted , also have a thread in chat wrt to a burglary at my parents last night
What a sad world we live in where no one has respect for other people's belongings

Sorry-I know there are worst things happening out there but just feel as if everything is stacking up against me at the mo
Can't tell my children (have a 12 year old with cerebral palsy who had major surgery recently and has spent many hours with said cat on her knee)and is emotional at the best of times

OP posts:
cozietoesie · 04/01/2013 18:24

So sorry, chatee. Stay there until you're calmer and have thought of a way to tell and help your 12 year old and other DCs. Don't drive while you're still wobbly.

It's really, really difficult to lose a loved cat and you must just feel like the sky is falling what with the burglary and all the other stresses. Only wish I could help in some way.

Sad

StatisticallyChallenged · 04/01/2013 19:35

I'm so sorry. I've been there myself recently and it's awful.

My thoughts are with you.

StuffezLaBouche · 04/01/2013 19:37

So sorry, chatee.
This seems to happening so often at the moment.
It's just not fair, is it?
x

chatee · 04/01/2013 21:01

Thanks for your support - went into a large supermarket to get a photo frame and get a pic of lovely cat that I had on my phone printed to be able to give one each to the children and couldn't work the machine and the nice assistant must of thought I was some stupid mad cat woman as i started crying again.
It wasn't the right time to tell them tonight before bed so I have that to do tomorrow....my heart broke as my 8 year old told me he was so excited to be going home tomorrow to see his Daddy and D and J (the cats) and cos I couldn't speak he reminded me that I had not said sweet dreams-sat here blubbing again

OP posts:
changeforthebetter · 04/01/2013 21:51

Oh I am so sorry. Do you want to tell us about your cat? What was he like, colour(s), what did he enjoy....?

Big hugs (sod the MN rules) and Brew or Wine as appropriate Sad

StuffezLaBouche · 04/01/2013 21:51

Oh chatee, I'm sure s/he didn't. Any sensible human being knows how the loss of a pet can affect people.
Yes, it won't be pleasant tomorrow and it will be sad for you and your family. But you've got lovely memories of your kitty. These horrible things just all come at the same time, and it's so unfair.
Hope you are ok - no-one who posts on this board would think you odd for reacting as you have. xxx

StuffezLaBouche · 04/01/2013 21:52

Oh chatee, I'm sure s/he didn't. Any sensible human being knows how the loss of a pet can affect people.
Yes, it won't be pleasant tomorrow and it will be sad for you and your family. But you've got lovely memories of your kitty. These horrible things just all come at the same time, and it's so unfair.
Hope you are ok - no-one who posts on this board would think you odd for reacting as you have. xxx

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.