My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

Can I move my cat's food to where her litter tray used to live?

2 replies

sybilfaulty · 30/08/2012 17:46

Hi there

Novice cat owner here, so apologies if this is a silly question.

We rehomed a fab cat from battersea in April and she is now going outside through her flap. Aas she hadn't used her litter tray for about 4 weeks, I have got rid of it. Can I now put her food and water bowls where her tray used to be? this is right by her flap and less easy for me to trip over! I don't want to confuse her and get her pooing or weeing somewhere else in house. She is reliable going outside for weeing and pooing and I don't want to spoil that, but it would be great if it could live elsewhere.

Sorry if this is obvious. Many thanks for your help.

OP posts:
cozietoesie · 30/08/2012 17:55

Don't see why not. But might be best to do it in two stages if you're concerned. They're pretty bright when their best interests are at stake.

I assume you'll probably be keeping the litter tray for those long winter nights and snow covered back garden when she might change her mind about going out? I'd change the location of her tray (she'll clock that quickly enough even if she doesn't use it), thoroughly clean the current location, leave it for a few days or more to 'neutralise' and then put the food down. Should work.

sybilfaulty · 30/08/2012 18:10

Thanks, that seems very sensible. I'll reinstate tray if it gets cold, but otherwise do s you suggest.

Thanks again

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.