My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

dark 'sleep' by the eye

2 replies

bitofcheese · 05/07/2012 17:36

my cat has a fair bit of this the last few weeks. she seems fine and i don't see her rubbing her eyes etc. i have never had a cat before and possibly this is a summer thing for cats? i have noticed other cats with alot of this dark stuff by her eye. i try and wipe it away but she ain't having any of it, annoyingly. i also try and comb it away as she likes to have her face combed (!), it does go eventually by her cleaning her face. i just wondered. thanks

OP posts:
pinkyredrose · 08/07/2012 07:53

My cat gets this sometimes and my old cat used to get it alot. It's quite normal and nothing to worry about.

I found the best thing was to use damped kitchen paper and wipe it away when she's on my lap snoozing or being stroked.

bitofcheese · 09/07/2012 19:29

thanks pinky although sadly, she WON'T let me clear it from her eyes, even if i catch her when she is in one of her snuggly mellow moods, i find that it goes after a day or too plus when i comb her i try (although unsuccessfully) to clear it as she likes having her face brushed..

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.