My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

Hard lump on cats chin

7 replies

Macchiato · 15/06/2012 14:12

Our cat came home yday with a hard lump on his chin, it's not tiny but not big enough to overly worry. Can touch it and he doesn't seem that bothered. Last night and today though he's very cuddly and doesn't want to go out.neating and drinking like normal.

He's laying on my chest ATM and he has very hot ears and head. It seems to be a bit smaller today. What do you think it is? And how can I make him more comfortable?

I'll keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger or if he seems to get poorly I'll take him to the vets

OP posts:
deb9 · 15/06/2012 14:14

Hi there, I would take him to the vets just to be on the safe side.

gingerpig · 15/06/2012 17:28

can you see it through his fur? could it be a lumpy scab, perhaps from fighting?

Macchiato · 15/06/2012 18:08

Yeah can see through his furr, it's got no scab or scratch on it. It's defo getting smaller, he's not moved from the sofa where I was sat with him earlier, bless him.

I don't really want to whisk him down to the vet if I don't have to tbh.

OP posts:
Freshletticia · 16/06/2012 00:23

Prob a bite from something. Keep you eye on it and if it gets bigger or hotter, pop to the vets as it could become an abcess.

Macchiato · 17/06/2012 22:56

Well the lumps completely gone now, no sign of it at all and the skins not broken at all where it was.

But he's still very quiet and sleeping all the time, he's off his food. He won't eat his cat food, went out and got him a tin of tuna yday and he had a few mouthfuls of that and a little bit more today, had a few sips of water but not as much as I'd like him to have.

He's still very cuddly and I've noticed his eyes are a little bit weepy and he's squinting a bit. Thought it may be cat flu and shit myself, but no coughing or sneezing and no nose discharge.

Do I leave him a bit longer and see how he goes or do I take him to the vets?

Poor ol Dave, he's only a baby as well (well ok, he's 1 but still a baby to me)

I'm really worried about him, I'm prone to over reacting so my judgement is always off. DP thinks we should leave him till Tuesday and see what he's like then.

OP posts:
LST · 18/06/2012 09:11

My she cat has them appear. And then when I say we'll take her to the vets, the day after its always gone Hmm

Macchiato · 18/06/2012 10:18

LST I'm sure they just like to worry us!

Daves gone out today, after scoffing nearly a full bag of treats and having a good drink of water!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.