My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our community of cat lovers on the Mumsnet Cat forum for kitten advice and help with cat behaviour.

The litter tray

my cat keeps pissing on or in my neighbour's bin.

8 replies

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo · 25/01/2011 17:08

the bins are kept at the back of the houses so i dont know whether he doers this all through the week but i have noticed a few times now he has jumped up and pissed in my neighbour's bin. only hers and no-one elses. her bin is always packed so it never fully closes that is how he is able to get into it. one day i saw him push the lid right back over so it was fully open. today i saw him again and when i went to call him away my neighbour came out and chased him aswell. i hadn't reached the door yet so she didn't see me but what can i do? i expect she will be getting pretty pissed off with this but i dont know what i can do except keep in in the house which he hates.

OP posts:
ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo · 25/01/2011 17:09

btw i only notice it on bin day or the day before as that is when she brings her bin out.

OP posts:
IAmTheCookieMonster · 25/01/2011 17:12

There is stuff you can spray to stop them weeing, i can't remember what it is called, my vet told me about it and its natural and non-toxic.

VivaLeBeaver · 25/01/2011 17:15

Has he been neutered?

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo · 25/01/2011 17:16

yes neutered at around 8 months.

do you mean stuff to stop him weeing on certain places? i dont think i want him to stop weeing altogether!

OP posts:
VivaLeBeaver · 25/01/2011 17:25

Could the neighbour put a brick on the bin lid to weigh it down?

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo · 25/01/2011 17:28

not sure, it is usually pretty full and the brick would slide off the lid. i think if she says anything the best i can do is offer to spray her bin every week with vinegar or something to stop him wanting to go there.

OP posts:
Pancakeflipper · 25/01/2011 17:35

How bizarre... Its usually an " hey, this is my domain" thing isnt it?

Rinse it all out with biological washing powder the spray with surgical spirit. This will remove the smell so the cat won't smell their scent. Then you could soak some kitchen roll in lemon juice or vinegar and put it in the bin Or put it on the lid?

ILoveItWhenYouCallMeBoo · 25/01/2011 17:49

I'm going to be washing my neighbour's bin once a fortnight aren't I?

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.