Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Back carrier that baby can sleep in?

Lettherebelight · 21/05/2018 20:06

Can anyone recommend a back carrier that will allow DD (8 months) to sleep comfortably? The rocking always makes her go to sleep but in the one we have now she tilts forward a bit so misses the side supports for her head and looks so uncomfortable we have to cut walks short.

OP's posts:
Please
or

DesignedForLife · 21/05/2018 22:47

Mine got on fine in the Ergobaby with the hood up.

Please
or

Hellbentwellwent · 21/05/2018 22:48

Tula with hood up

Please
or

MollyDaydream · 21/05/2018 22:50

Mine sleeps in a rose & rebellion carrier by leaning on my back. There is a hood you can put up but I need someone else to help me with it.

Please
or

victoryvee · 21/05/2018 22:53

We've got the osprey one, if you're looking for a full structured carrier. Also as it's got an extendable leg support you can put it down and baby can continue to sleep.

Please
or

KitNCaboodle · 21/05/2018 22:54

Second Tula with the hood up. Mine slept comfortably in his.

Please
or

Lettherebelight · 23/05/2018 21:37

That's really helpful, thank you all. I was thinking of something for walking so probably a more structured one.

OP's posts:
Please
or

CMOTDibbler · 23/05/2018 21:41

I found the less structured ones were better for walking as the baby is closer to you so your centre of gravity is less affected.

Please
or

BossWitch · 23/05/2018 21:58

We used an osprey one - dd would fall asleep in there a lot and being able to put the "feet" out and sit the whole thing down with her still in was great.

Please
or

QueenOfQuacks · 23/05/2018 22:08

Yeah I'd also go for an unstructured one tbh.

Comfier for you and them.

Far nicer for her to sleep in.

Keeps them warmer in winter as they're closer to you.

Less risk of you overbalancing on rougher ground as the centre of gravity stays closer to you.

Easier to lug around with you.

Please
or

victoryvee · 24/05/2018 10:29

It depends what you want to do. I found a structured one better for long distances (we were regularly doing all day hikes and 10 milers in all weathers) as we have a proper rain/wind hood and sun shade. Also it had decent rucksack but to carry nappies/food maps etc.

Also the osprey has room for a camelback water bladder which was invaluable when we were walking in the mountains in the summer. The kids learnt to use it as well!

Please
or

victoryvee · 24/05/2018 10:30

I meant to say I've had both but that's just my personal preference.

Please
or

Lettherebelight · 27/05/2018 07:28

I have a Baby Bjorn One which we were given but I think it would be too hot for hiking in summer. The structured Kelty one we have is generally good except for the fact that her head just flops when she falls asleep.

OP's posts:
Please
or

momalloverthemap · 17/08/2018 21:14

Deuter do some amazing child carriers, I just took my 1yo along the Camino in one. It was just perfect. The seat can be raised and lowered. The sides can be brought in too. There is space underneath for all the bits you need.
You can often find them used on amazon for great prices. Unfortunately from what I've seen in shops they are €250-€400 new.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.