Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Hiking gear for DC

SarahH12 · 30/08/2017 09:22

So DSD is almost 6 and somewhat in between sizes. She's got a lot of outdoor gear in 5-6 which is getting too small, her coat especially can't be done up if she's also wearing a jumper which is pretty unhelpful when it's cold and raining. We bought her a coat aged 7-8 and its absolutely massive! Is there anywhere that sells 6-7? I've looked in Go Outdoors, Mountain Warehouse, Regatta, Trespass and even Sports Direct. They all jump straight from 5-6 to 7-8! She loves being outside and walking but it's pretty rubbish for her if her waterproofs don't fit.

OP's posts:
Please
or

StepAwayFromCake · 30/08/2017 09:35

Tog24

I don't know their size ranges, but most of our dc's 'serious' gear has come from them. Their designs have meant that sizes overlap well.

(Though dd is struggling right now with the move between child and adult sizing. But that's the case across the board, not just in technical clothing.)

Millet's own brand, Peter Storm, is good for most things for kids, especially when they outgrow from season to season! Unfortunately not so much the waterproofs. But if they only need to last a season? Tog24 you'll be handing down from child to child. Peter Storm, you won't. But you'll pay a fraction of the price of Tog24!

Cotswold and Blacks are also outdoor gear shops worth looking at.

Do you have any outlet centres near you? We usually get our branded technical clothing from outlets.

Please
or

SarahH12 · 30/08/2017 09:54

Thanks *Stepaway" I'll check out Tog24. Most of the ones I mentioned our outlet stores for us (Regatta, Trespass, Mountain Warehouse). Ahh I always forget about Cotswold, despite most of my gear being from there. Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.